Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: G-town waitlisters  (Read 5520 times)

lawschoolny

• View Profile
Re: G-town waitlisters
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 12:10:01 AM »
I got the email today too. Valphoosier can you share your numbers since you've managed to escape the latest round of waitlisting?. .

magixnight

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2005, 05:53:21 PM »
I just got an email about an hour ago from Andy that said I had been pulled off the preferred waitlist and would receive admittance into GULC. Previously, I had received two update emails from Georgetown, both of which I responded to.

My numbers are 168, 3.8 for those that are interested.

This puts me in a dilemma though, since I have already sent my seat deposit in to Cornell. While I think I am inclined to go to Cornell, I'm interested in hearing other opinions. Any thoughts?

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2005, 06:35:10 PM »
Got the email yesterday and confirmed, got admitted today.  yey?  I really want to be in NYC... I got into Cornell and had no problem turning ti down for fordham, (who wants to be in ithaca? yech...) but I don't mind dc, I live here now, and even though it's sorta boring, well, I could be somewhere more boring like Ithaca ;)  decisions decisions... NYU where are you?!?!?!?? I just want to be in at you!! I Love YOU!!!! please let me in..please?

king

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2005, 07:11:35 PM »
I just got an email about an hour ago from Andy that said I had been pulled off the preferred waitlist and would receive admittance into GULC. Previously, I had received two update emails from Georgetown, both of which I responded to.

This puts me in a dilemma though, since I have already sent my seat deposit in to Cornell. While I think I am inclined to go to Cornell, I'm interested in hearing other opinions. Any thoughts?

First congratulations. 

Second I do not think it really matters if you go to GT or Cornell.  Both will give you super opportunies in the legal worlds.  These schools are going to offer very different environments, though.  Which one do you like? 

king

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »
Got the email yesterday and confirmed, got admitted today.  yey?  I really want to be in NYC... I got into Cornell and had no problem turning ti down for fordham, (who wants to be in ithaca? yech...) but I don't mind dc, I live here now, and even though it's sorta boring, well, I could be somewhere more boring like Ithaca ;)  decisions decisions... NYU where are you?!?!?!?? I just want to be in at you!! I Love YOU!!!! please let me in..please?

I really suggest you go to GT over Fordham. 

magixnight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2005, 07:48:24 PM »
I've never been to Georgetown but I went to Cornell for one of their admitted students days. Contrary to other opinions I've found on LSD, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in Cornell (however brief that may be). Given everything though, I like Cornell better because of the smaller class size.

First congratulations. 

Second I do not think it really matters if you go to GT or Cornell.  Both will give you super opportunies in the legal worlds.  These schools are going to offer very different environments, though.  Which one do you like? 

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 08:37:50 PM »
I've never been to Georgetown but I went to Cornell for one of their admitted students days. Contrary to other opinions I've found on LSD, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent in Cornell (however brief that may be). Given everything though, I like Cornell better because of the smaller class size.

First congratulations. 

I liked that too, but Ithaca??  I couldn't do it...

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 12:06:00 AM »
Congrats guys! Both choices are great. I had friends that went to Cornell for undergrad and really liked it. 

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »
Congrats guys! Both choices are great. I had friends that went to Cornell for undergrad and really liked it. 

me too!  it's beautiful! they should get some construction gear and relocate teh whole campus within 30 min of nyc

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2005, 12:49:11 AM »
I have been away for a few days and haven't had a chance to check out this thread, so forgive me if I bring you all back to old topics.

I received an email yesterday from GULC saying there were no openings right now, but after their June 1st seat deposit they would forward along any new information. Did everyone that got an email receive the same one? (I think it is the third at this point)

filialuna...congrats!

You have some great options. Was your email along the same lines as mine? 

Did anyone else respond to the email yet and hear anything?

Lots of questions I know, but I was so anxious to have this matter behind me after this week...but...I suppose that is why they call it the WAIT list.