Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown  (Read 2215 times)

rfilmer

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »
There is a GULC reading list?  Where can one find it?

Thanks.

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 05:09:20 PM »

Thanks.

On the Georgetown Law site there's a section under "Orientation Information" titled "Required Reading" (which happens to be "Gideon's Trumpet").  There's a link to a "list of books recommended by our faculty." Unfortunately, I just tried it and the link no longer works.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/orientation/reading.html

I have the list but don't know how different it is from the original as I went through and deleted info I didn't think I'd need.  As it is, it is 8 pages long in Word.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 05:18:03 PM »
I put what I have up here:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=208741&ck=

Don't shoot me if it's not complete.

Happy reading!
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

rfilmer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 05:44:20 PM »
Thanks for the link, alibami_z!

It's an interesting list.  I'll definitely try to read Karl Llewellyn's _The Bramble Bush: On Our Law & Its Study_  and G. Edward White's _Tort Law in America: An Intellectual History_.  I'm amused to see _To Kill a Mockingbird_ on the list, since, I believe, that was on both my high school and college "Recommended Reading" lists as well.  The movie sure is good, though!

ethelmag

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2005, 08:13:32 PM »
The web page with the _Gideon's Trumpet_ information is dated July 1, 2004, so it probably refers to last year's orientation. Not that they won't have us read it too, but they could change it.

Thanks.

On the Georgetown Law site there's a section under "Orientation Information" titled "Required Reading" (which happens to be "Gideon's Trumpet").  There's a link to a "list of books recommended by our faculty." Unfortunately, I just tried it and the link no longer works.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/orientation/reading.html

I have the list but don't know how different it is from the original as I went through and deleted info I didn't think I'd need.  As it is, it is 8 pages long in Word.

wooshie98

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 12:15:22 PM »
hey thanks for that list.  i'm trying to read a ton this summer to get back into school mode.  i'll have to balance some of those out with some beach reads though, while i still can.  i remember seeing that list on the GULC site a while ago and thinking "i'll deal with that later..."   now is the time i suppose!