Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: There's something seriously wrong with test preptest 13  (Read 965 times)

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
There's something seriously wrong with test preptest 13
« on: June 03, 2004, 02:45:55 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that there are at least 3 mistakes in the games section of the LSAC preptest XIII?  I took like 30 min trying to figure out why I got these 3 questions wrong... and it just can't be.  The test has to be wrong.  One of the questions so obvious meant to say "CANNOT be true" when it actually read "must be true."  I know I'm not a pro at logic games, but I'm not retarded.  If the rule says "no clan can participate on 3 consecutive years" and one of the answers has a clan doing just that, that CANNOT BE THE RIGHT ANSWER!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: There's something seriously wrong with test preptest 13
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 02:56:36 PM »
Try posting the question and answers...In my exprience on this board, when people insist they've found a mistake, it's usually something they're missing.

(I'm not suggesting you're retarding in missing an inference or anything like that...it could well be a mistake, but you may as well cover your bases...)

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 03:19:15 PM »
Try posting the question and answers...In my exprience on this board, when people insist they've found a mistake, it's usually something they're missing.

(I'm not suggesting you're retarding in missing an inference or anything like that...it could well be a mistake, but you may as well cover your bases...)

No, I'm positive.  I would consider it was just me if there wasn't a DIRECT contradiction between the answer choice and a rule in the game. I'm too lazy to type it out, but it's the 3rd to last question of the last game  There are also 2 other questions in other sections I don't think are right.  THose two could just be me not getting it... but I'm pretty sure this one is definitely wrong.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 03:30:55 PM »

No, I'm positive.  I would consider it was just me if there wasn't a DIRECT contradiction between the answer choice and a rule in the game. I'm too lazy to type it out, but it's the 3rd to last question of the last game  There are also 2 other questions in other sections I don't think are right.  THose two could just be me not getting it... but I'm pretty sure this one is definitely wrong.

post the question.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 03:44:19 PM »
fine fine...

22. If, in a particular cycle, N,O, and S participate in the ceremonies in the first year, which one of the must be true?

a) N participates in the second and third years
b) O participates in the third and forth years
c) N and O both participate in the third year
d) P and T both participate in the fifth year
e) S and T both participate in the fifth year

The polulation of a small country is organized into fice clans--N,O,P,S, and T.  Each year exactly three of the five clan members participate in the annual harvest ceremonies.  The rules specifying the order of the participation of the clans in the ceremonies are as follows:

Each clan must participate at least once in any two consecutive years.

**No clan participates for three consecutive years***

Participation takes place in cycles, with each cycle ending when each of the five clans has participated three times. Only then does a new cycle begin.

No clan participates more than three times within any cycle

Now... the practice test I have says that the answer is A)... obviously that's wrong.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 03:54:40 PM »
I've done this question/game before.  I'll give a look when i get home from work.  (I leave in 5 minutes!  Hurrah! 8))

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 04:46:01 PM »
Actually... I looked at in the 10 real LSATs book and the answer is D) in that book.  So that makes more sense.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 04:48:01 PM »
The question is correct, it's your answer key that's potentially wrong.  The correct answer is D, according to the key in 10 Actual.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 04:48:51 PM »
Oops...didn't read that you caught it first.  Oh well!