Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking the LSAT abroad...  (Read 994 times)

Rooster

• Sr. Citizen
  • This dog has a tough life.
    • View Profile
Taking the LSAT abroad...
« on: May 12, 2005, 10:18:13 PM »
A friend of mine wanted me to post this:

"I was just curious if it matters where I take my LSAT. I'm planning to study abroad in Hong Kong during the fall. Subsequently, my only option other than taking it here in June is to take it in HK in October. Is there anything good or bad I should know about this? ie, will schools not accept my scores as a result of taking it out of the country. Also, feel free to comment on anything surrounding this. Thanks!"
In ^_^= UConn, UCLA, Temple, Quinnipiac
Out, el oh el= BC, Georgetown, Michigan

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Taking the LSAT abroad...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 12:40:51 PM »
A friend of mine wanted me to post this:

"I was just curious if it matters where I take my LSAT. I'm planning to study abroad in Hong Kong during the fall. Subsequently, my only option other than taking it here in June is to take it in HK in October. Is there anything good or bad I should know about this? ie, will schools not accept my scores as a result of taking it out of the country. Also, feel free to comment on anything surrounding this. Thanks!"

i heard you get more time to take it abroad...at 2pm, tea time, the lsac people have breaks and that leaves you with a couple of hours to do better...

(i'm kidding, of course.)  i have no idea...i think you may want to consider asking people who live abroad.  i think there may be a board here...not sure.  or even try the lsat thread...you're sure to find someone there who would be willing to send you a note about their experiences.

soupnazi

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 01:45:07 AM »
you can take it in Asia and hope people leak questions on LSD, they'll be coming home a couple hours before you head to the test center, then you can score even higher!

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 10:48:36 PM »
I've also heard that test takers in Asia learn a lot from the US message boards.

ek23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 04:23:58 PM »
my roommate took the LSAT in HK while we were living there and they usually give it during a weekday after they release it in the US.  They use the same exam as the US so law schools in the US have no problems accepting them. 

Good luck in HK!  It is a beautiful city to live in!