Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: This is my Confession  (Read 1743 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Re: This is my Confession
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 12:24:14 PM »
If by "fudged" you mean "lied" or "stretched the truth" on your app, FIX IT NOW!!!

If you try to get admitted to the bar and this is discovered, you could have a lot of questions to answer or in a worse case scenario, have your law degree revoked. 

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 12:31:25 PM »
Lying in general is a bad idea.
Lying on a law school application seems like a very bad idea.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Perversely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 12:32:05 PM »
If by "fudged" you mean "lied" or "stretched the truth" on your app, FIX IT NOW!!!

If you try to get admitted to the bar and this is discovered, you could have a lot of questions to answer or in a worse case scenario, have your law degree revoked. 

yeah, hippie is right.  but more importantly, you need to clear the air because if discovered after you've been accepted, they can revoke your acceptance because you didn't voluntarily come forward with the truth.  And, it's better to let them know now than to risk paying for 3-4 years of law school (100K in debt) to not be able to practice law.  that would royally suck wouldn't it?

with each application you sign, you're telling them that you are not lying...read the disclosure clause at the end of the application(s).  better now than later, don't you think.

exposé

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 11:08:01 AM »
PM.  Sage advice here only.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 11:23:19 AM »

Best sage advice: Don't use too much.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 11:38:42 AM »
rubbed definitely best.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 11:40:41 AM »
rubbed definitely best.

But not too much.

exposé

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2005, 01:07:06 PM »

Obviously no one else can give him good advice other than wanderer, so we should all let it go...

Perfectly understood. :-*

angelus

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2005, 01:12:58 PM »
Well I'm sure you're just joking aroud Perversly, but there are people of black heritage who look white, or at least don't look black. (my kids, for example).

One guy I knew was born and raised in South African. So when he filled out for University he put African as his race, and when the University saw that he was white and not black tehy said he lied. Funny stuff.

thefaceman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 01:16:45 PM »
If you lied and got into a school that I got rejected from, let it be known that I hate you. I have put thousands of dollars into this and you stole from me or someone else you edged out because you lied on an app.  You will make an excellent ambulence chaser someday.
But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.