Law School Discussion

The Man Shortage--A Brother's View

Future-Haitian-Lawyer

• Le Drapeau Haitien
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
Re: The Man Shortage--A Brother's View
« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2005, 05:33:09 PM »
That's so interesting b/c my dad's said of the family is from Martinique and Jamaica! Ironically everyone is still married except for my dad.

Perhaps, your dad believes that being a player is the best way to succeed in life. From my understanding, one of the reason why I see a lot of african american man does not make it in life, because try not be stable in life.
if you make an observation, you will see that most of the people who make it in life tend to be married couple. state relationship, having great desire to see their family succeed in life, and family oriented.
By the way, I need not blame the men too much, sometimes, the african american ladies are responsible also, because a lot of them fail to take their responsibilities.
I guess that both of both side can pay hard consequences if they don't love each other, not humble to each other, dont' respect each other, not willing to sacrifice for each other.
you know what? the university that I used to to, when school is open, you will see the white parents come to the book store and be online in order to buy the book for the kids.
As for the black students, rarely you see their parents being involved in what they're doing.
The proper structure is not there. ( I am not implying this for all black family).
I hope something can be done for the structure of the black family, hopefully, their kids will have the opportunity to be the best they can.

Future-Haitian-Lawyer

• Le Drapeau Haitien
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2005, 05:39:09 PM »
There are some West Indian men who have some very "traditionalist" views that may be hard for the average American woman to get next to....

I would say that you made a valid point. I thing that family should be tradional/conservative (not extreme). Because when I look at other african american in this country (not all of them). I don't see how too liberal help them at all.
I let Haiti in 1996 to come in USA. I was surprised to see the live of young black american. Something is not doing right.
By the way, you should be aware also, a lot of black female has too much attitud, perhaps, it could be why some of them don't like tradion that much.

Future-Haitian-Lawyer

• Le Drapeau Haitien
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2005, 06:06:20 PM »
I believe in equality, and I believe in woman rights.
Having say that I do believe that you're assuming something which is not true at all.
I do not believe that any person with common sense will support someone else to beat his wife.
Come on. if someone states that he loves his wife, such love signifies that he must cherish her, and treat her with respect.
I don't know where you got that from. I think that the conversation is out context right now.
I was referring to TRADITION in the sense that a lot of moral value that we ,as a society, lost.
I guess that you 're making a fallacy right now by doing appeal of attack instead of focus in the discussion itself and see what can be done for black people in general to have a better future.
I spent two years in High school in this country, when I was in class, I had the value that I receive in my country, I knew that I had to have a respect absolute for the teacher, while my class mate, a lot of them did not care, they had attitude in class, they're talking a lot. I am certain that you got the point.
few of them manage to go college; among those who went go college, a lot of them became a drop out.
This is something that we need to talk about. these young man and young ladies, a lot have them have attitude problem, they don't want to listen to noone.
AS for me, I am 27 years right now, I will listen to anyone who speak to me, even a little kid.
please, let's keep the discussion in the context.
if you believe that it's allright for these young men and young ladies to behave in such way, I must respect your opinion, even though I must state that I disagree with you.