Law School Discussion

Temple says, "Well OK - I guess you can come."

Re: Temple says, "Well OK - I guess you can come."
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 05:07:45 PM »
HAHAHA.  I guess your luck paid off.  I JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM THEM. 

I GOT IN TEMPLE BABY!!!

...anyone know about getting residency tutition?

ccorsi

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 05:12:30 PM »
HAHAHA.  I guess your luck paid off.  I JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM THEM. 

I GOT IN TEMPLE BABY!!!

...anyone know about getting residency tutition?

Congrats my brotha'.

I heard - year of residency to include DL, voting, car registration, etc.

Are you a Temple definite?

C2

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »

Congrats my brotha'.

C2

i'm confuse, can we get instate tutition?  Temple looks good...but my heart is still at wisc and I cant give up on Rugters instate tutition.

ccorsi

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 05:35:38 PM »
If you live there for a year and do what I said - live there, get DL, registration, etc. - I heard you can get in state as a 2/3L.

C2

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »
thanks dude!  we will keep in touch and i may see you there. 

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 06:37:32 PM »

Congrats my brotha'.

C2

i'm confuse, can we get instate tutition?  Temple looks good...but my heart is still at wisc and I cant give up on Rugters instate tutition.

I interpret you to be saying you are turning down Wisconsin for Rutgers, because of tuition.

If this is the case, unless you are married with kids and have extenuating circumstances, rethink this move.  Wisconsin a much much better school.  Adding in cost of living for three years, plus the cost of tuition at rutgers vs. Wisconsin, the price is a nominal percentage.  The advantage of wisconsin is large.

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 08:17:21 PM »
hey counterpoint,

Sorry to be confusing.  I am still on hold for Wisc. 

Regarding tutition, Rugters is giving me instate tutition.  I hope Temple does too (and I found out it can be done for 2/3L).  So now I cannot make a decision. 

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 03:53:43 AM »
hey counterpoint,

Regarding tutition, Rugters is giving me instate tutition.  I hope Temple does too (and I found out it can be done for 2/3L).  So now I cannot make a decision. 

fwiw, according to the Temple admissions people and some students who were at the Open House I went to in March, getting in-state tuition is not as easy as c2 indicates.  They said that you can apply for it at any time but that its very unlikely you'll be granted the new status, even if you follow the advice above.  They seemed to indicate that purchasing a house would be the only way to guarantee it.  Not sure how accurate this is but it seems unlikely they'd lie about it since it would attract a much higher caliber of student if they would be guaranteed in-state tuition by following what c2 lists above.

ccorsi

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 07:46:03 AM »
hey counterpoint,

fwiw, according to the Temple admissions people and some students who were at the Open House I went to in March, getting in-state tuition is not as easy as c2 indicates.  They said that you can apply for it at any time but that its very unlikely you'll be granted the new status, even if you follow the advice above.  They seemed to indicate that purchasing a house would be the only way to guarantee it.  Not sure how accurate this is but it seems unlikely they'd lie about it since it would attract a much higher caliber of student if they would be guaranteed in-state tuition by following what c2 lists above.

JDubs,

Evidence was anecdotal - stuff I have heard.  However, I do know 2 people who did this as undergrads after being in the military.

1st year paid out of state and then paid in state last 3 years.

C2

JDubs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 08:04:07 AM »
JDubs,

Evidence was anecdotal - stuff I have heard.  However, I do know 2 people who did this as undergrads after being in the military.

1st year paid out of state and then paid in state last 3 years.

C2

i have no reason to doubt you, was just trying to express what was told to the open house by the admissions people.  I would hate to see thegreatwall decide on temple feeling certain that he'd be able to get in-state after 1L and then find out that he can't later.  I think that, if he followed the advice you gave and was able to truly represent his desire to stay in PA after graduation, he'd be likely to get the in-state rate.  Just wanted to post because its not necessarily guaranteed, however.