Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GGU: what does this mean?  (Read 650 times)

fulltimejob

• View Profile
GGU: what does this mean?
« on: May 11, 2005, 07:47:10 PM »
I had a pathetic LSAT and applied to GGU only, on a part-time program. they first sent me a letter in early march asking if I would like to be waitlisted. I said yes. Recently they sent me a letter saying that I should apply for student aid, incase they make a decision. Don't ask me why I didn't apply for the student aid before (I'll tell you though - in the midst of having our first born, I forgot!!!)Do you think it's a good indicator or does it mean nothing? This is the only school I applied to and the wait is killing me (either way, tell me soon).

divad

• View Profile
Re: GGU: what does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:02:21 PM »
schools send financial aid info regardless of whether or not you are admitted.  but even though it probably isnt a good indicator of whether you got in or not, keep your head up.

acl1013

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 09:43:30 PM »
I got the same financial aid info letter.  I haven't heard anything from GGU (waitlisted as well). Any movement for you?

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 01:11:36 AM »
I am an admitted p/t was admitted very end of May.  My seat deposit was due by June 10th... They just sent out a notice of intent (to everyone i think) asking to indicate if you will be attending in the fall. If they didn't receive the letter of intent by the deadline(end of June)...it said they would give your spot away to the waitlist.

So I would guess the waitlist would start moving soon after the 4th of July.

Also I would hurry with the financial aid as I know they begin to certify loans the week of July 11th.... and if you are a late accept you def want to get the ppwk done in a hurry(school orientation is August 9th-11th) and  classes start the 15th!

I wish you all luck... I had almost given up hope too... you never know!!

Hope to see you at orientation!!
Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University