Law School Discussion

"If accepted, will you attend?"

"If accepted, will you attend?"
« on: May 10, 2005, 07:19:38 PM »
anybody on a wl get this type of email?  is it a good sign or do they send them to everybody on the wl?

Re: "If accepted, will you attend?"
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 07:28:26 PM »
Most likely a good sign, I got off hold and a waitlist shortly after they asked me that question, but each school is different. good luck

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 07:29:50 PM »
do you mind my asking which schools and how long after replying you received the acceptance?

Alamss

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 08:32:13 PM »
I wish I got such a email from one of my waitlists...

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 08:51:20 PM »
I got off hold at Maryland about 3 business days after they called me.  I wasn't that surprised about that one because the whole thing about hold was that if there were spots people on hold are the first ones in.  The second one was William and Mary and I was on the waitlist.  I talked to assisant dean of admissions on the phone.  I emailed him before and I was setting up an appointment to visit the school on the phone when he asked me on the phone what was my situation and how serious I was about W&M which is a slightly less direct question, but still more or less the same one.  I found out that I got in when I visited the school, but that was almost two weeks later.  I have no idea when they made that decision.  If you are interested in the school say, "yes, I love your school, and I will def. attend if accepted".  I was serious in both cases, I put down 500$ at Maryland cause I thought I was going there, but now am leaning towards W&M so I was honest with them both times.  Make sure if you are serious you they know.