Law School Discussion

Re: Do MoBell's Hair Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2005, 06:57:10 PM »
You got critques - well here's one for you: Take off Harriet Tubman's skirt and Sojourner Truth's sweater. Slave gear is out this year!  :D  :P

jk  ;)

ROFL.  I can't say nothin'; I was looking kinda off that day.  The friend I was with told me I looked like Laura Ingalls (I guess a Black version.) :D

wtf, I'm online right now. I don't see you. Maybe you blocked me.
And don't encourage Kunta, btw you need to do something about your people.

I'm not online now 'cause doing the walking tape, but I was on an hour or so ago and didn't see you.  Maybe YOU blocked ME.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2005, 06:59:56 PM »
or maybe my ass was walking OUTSIDE.  :P

« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2005, 07:17:19 PM »

I know you.  This is doubtful. ;)

UMHBmom

« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2005, 07:22:14 PM »
Another approach that is chemical-based but doesn't take high heat is a Japanese silk perm. Those are very expensive, but the results are amazing. Not a lot of black or latina girls know about it because it's generally done in "white" salons (was that politically uncorrect? Sorry if it was!), but it works on all hair textures and gives you that ultra-silky, straight and shiny finish. I have a Puerto Rican friend who has very coarse and curly hair, but after she got it done her hair was like a mirror. It was gorgeous.
So you must be a "thin mint."

I like that :D

It was the only all-black cookie I could come up with off the top of my head.  ;)

I think she's more of an oreo.

America's favorite cookie?  I can roll with that too. 

Actually, that's "Milk's favorite cookie." I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere...

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2005, 07:23:50 PM »

I know you.  This is doubtful. ;)

I know, right.  but true.  a few samosas...

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2005, 08:32:45 PM »
I have a very, very white friend (picture Little Orphan Annie) who will frequently ask black girls about their hair and how they style it and stuff, but it isn't the same sort of freak-show curiosity you're talking about. Her husband is black, and she's just trying to learn how to take care of that kind of hair. Being a man, her hubby hasn't a clue, and she just wants to know how to take care of black hair when she has kids.   

Well...in that case she needs to ask all the people she can.  I always feel sorry for those little biracial kids whose mommies don't know how to do their hair.  It's tragic. :-\ My mom and I actually had to perform an intervention once.

Black hair isn't exactly Prêt-à-Porter, is it? I can believe the intervention. I grew up with friends whose mothers were Korean, so they couldn't read the books or ask a friend or anything. It was tragic. Luckily, those genes blend well and many of the Black/Asian kids have Mariah Carey type hair, but I did have a couple of friends who looked liked episodes of "Good Afros Gone Bad." Just remember that as interracial marriage becomes more and more common, you're going to get more and more fascinated white women asking you about your haircare routine! Consider it a public service.  ;)

(Disclaimer: Sorry, haven't read the rest of the thread since I last posed)

I have no problem helping mom's that have black daughters. I don't find it offensive. In fact, I've started a program for some of the single mom's at my office, I go over and teach the girls how to style and maintain their hair every weekend. I do this for a foster center too. It helps them to gain confidence and teaches them a skill they'll use for a lifetime. My mom is black, but had different hair than me and had no clue what to do with it, so I totally relate.

Slow Blues

« Reply #156 on: June 08, 2006, 09:45:01 AM »
Look, I can dig *&^% up too!! :D

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2006, 09:45:39 AM »
bump the dress RBG thread. that was funny, i think...

« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2006, 09:47:57 AM »
you coulda left this one back there!

seu2002

« Reply #159 on: June 09, 2006, 05:07:11 AM »
haha.  revive the "party at mo's" thread!  or the ...  some thread RBG and i hijacked - it was like the white russian thread or something.  now that was funny ish!