Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wake Forest in the Fall?  (Read 686 times)

rugbylaw

• View Profile
Wake Forest in the Fall?
« on: May 10, 2005, 05:33:50 PM »
Is anyone planning on heading to Wake Forest this Fall? I'm still considering a few other options, but I'm leaning toward Wake.

rugbylaw

• View Profile
Re: Wake Forest in the Fall?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 05:03:03 PM »
Is nobody going to Wake?

Marco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 12:38:52 PM »
i'm hoping for a positive reply...i'm currently on the wait list.  other options include Baylor, Arkansas with $, and hopefully Tennessee (again, wait list).

I'm afraid of the debt though...any advice as far as where to choose?

rugbylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 03:58:08 PM »
I concerned about the debt too. I received a small scholarship, but I've got a free-ride at Duquesne.The idea of no debt is very tempting, but Wake has been my first choice since I first visited the end of last summer.

I don't have much first-hand knowledge of Baylor, Arkansas or Tenn., but I've heard only good things about all of them. Any idea what you want to do or where you want to live after law school?

Marco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 04:23:52 PM »
I'd love to live in Texas...so Baylor right?  Well the ol' gal friend is from North Carolina and though she isn't set on living anywhere Texas is probably last on her list...
Arkansas seems like a great option...gave me a half scholarship and you get in state status after a year...the 3 year tuition bill is much less than one year at Baylor or Wake...
I want to leave open the most options...whether little debt or a more reputable school gives the most is the question i'm struggling with.

I've heard great things about Wake and Baylor...I feel like they'd be great educations...

apparently you really liked Wake when you visited.  in what way?

rugbylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »
I'm in a very similar situation. I can't decide if I'll have more flexibility with no debt and a Duquesne degree or a good bit of debt and a degree from Wake. My girlfriend is also from N.C. her family is in Charlotte, barely an hour from Wake.

Wake had a lot of things that I really liked when I visited. For starters, I did my undergrad at South Carolina, so I went to school in a city...a small city, but a city nonetheless, and I kind of wanted to go to law school on a smaller campus that was separate from the surrounding town/city. I really liked that about Wake. Plus, the campus is beautiful and the law school's library is awesome. I'm also thinking pretty strongly about litigation after law school, and Wake has a great litigation clinic. My gf and I also have some friends in Winston-Salem.

On the other hand, Duquesne is free and my sister and her family live just outside Pittsburgh. While it would be an experience to live in Pittsburgh for 3 years, I don't think I want to be there after law school, and I'm worried of a Duquesne degree will let me get back to the Southeast.