yes- service
43 (54.4%)
no -they're outdated
17 (21.5%)
yes- to party
9 (11.4%)
no- they never should have existed
5 (6.3%)
huh? blacks have their own fraternities/sororities?
5 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

The Black Greek Thread

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Greek Thread
« Reply #740 on: June 28, 2006, 01:47:13 PM »
For Tiff -- so she doesn't have to see Sands' name up no more.

Question:  If pledging to an Alumni chapter -- better year to do it: 1L or 2L?  Is it advisable at all during 1L?  Is it as "bad" an experience as pledging to a college chapter?

I'm not a male, but I'll answer your questions

1st ? - Probably 2L, since being active is a pretty big time committment and you'll probably want to be pretty active as a new member (I know of a guy that went to HLS from my UG and he because Greek while in LS - I think it was during his 2nd or 3rd year)

2nd ? - Not usually.

Good.  So it can be done.  I'll shoot for 2L.

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 28, 2006, 01:47:42 PM »

Question:  If pledging to an Alumni chapter -- better year to do it: 1L or 2L?  Is it advisable at all during 1L?  Is it as "bad" an experience as pledging to a college chapter?

1. Don't do the ish 1L.

2. If you can afford to participate in Grad intake without being gainfully employed you are a TRUE BALLER

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 28, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »

2. If you can afford to participate in Grad intake without being gainfully employed you are a TRUE BALLER

What they don't take out in wood, they get out in dough -- LOL

Wood  ???  ::)

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2006, 01:51:27 PM »

1. Don't do the ish 1L.

Yeah, well, I guess when you're 30 Gz in debt already another 1-2 won't hurt nearly as much.

« Reply #744 on: June 28, 2006, 01:52:21 PM »

Sorry about that -- I forgot that our organizations do not do that anymore.  I take that "wood comment" back  :D

2Lacoste

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 28, 2006, 01:53:50 PM »

Sorry about that -- I forgot that our organizations do not do that anymore.  I take that "wood comment" back  :D

Yeah, that's like the organization I was interested in telling me, "we don't haze or do anything like that" forever and then being like "okay, from here on out, if you stick with it, we're gonna whoop you ass."

Mmhmm.

Young Esq.

• B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 28, 2006, 01:55:27 PM »

I ask unanimous consent that this comment be stricken from the record  8) 8) 8)

« Reply #747 on: June 28, 2006, 01:59:07 PM »
Will do :)

« Reply #748 on: June 28, 2006, 04:04:45 PM »
lacoste..definitely shoot for 2L... you'd be taking on too much if you add that to your 1L endeavors..

any new poll suggestions? I've had this poll question up since the thread was started  :D

« Reply #749 on: August 13, 2006, 04:40:21 AM »
Blk -- I thought you might find this interesting.  It looks well-made.

BLACK SORORITY PROJECT, THE EXODUS
Derek & Jamar Productions presents the first installment in a new two-part documentary series, The Black Sorority Project. "The Exodus" chronicles the life and times of twenty-two women at Howard University, who as students, changed the course of American history forever. By defying the barriers of race and sex, they courageously joined the Women's Suffrage March and formed a new sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, that grew to become one of the nation's most formidable women's organizations. The timeless voice of Tamara Tunie (Law & Order: SVU, As The World Turns) transports you back in time on a photographic journey into the world of these Howard co-eds in the infancy of their burgeoning group, in the year 1913.

Black Sorority Project, The Exodus leaves no stone unturned: light skin versus dark skin, the myth of black unity and the triumph of women's achievement against the odds. With cutting edge special effects, blistering commentary and a stellar cast of actors and scholars, Black Sorority Project is an innovation in modern-day storytelling and an untold chapter in women's history.

http://www.blacksororityproject.com/documentary.htm