Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago Kent  (Read 1638 times)

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago Kent
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 03:43:33 PM »
They don't waitlist, they "defer" the decision.  I don't understand how this is an efficient process for them.
Fed gov't atty

billyflynn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 04:02:03 PM »
Well I think that they realize that even though some students pay their first seat deposit, that they may not pay the second seat deposit (got off WL at another school, can't afford it, etc.).  So I think they might just wait until they get the second seat deposits (June 15th deadline.).

FYI...I may be one of those who won't be paying the second seat deposit as I'm leaning towards Loyola LA.
I knew this would happen:
Kent or Loyola LA...well I have til' June 11th, as I'll be heading off to the Netherlands for work.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 04:26:44 PM »
So why don't they just use a waitlist like the other 99.9% of law schools?

I don't understand why they insist on reviewing ALL files each time another seat opens up.  And it's not bitterness talking...I'm just confused about why this method benefits the school or how this is an operationally efficient strategy.  *shrugs*
Fed gov't atty

Lilli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »
I still haven't heard anything either, and no email response- 1 week later. I guess I am one of the people that has to wait until after June 15.

Eire

• Bruce IS my baby's daddy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 03:55:46 PM »
I could not take it anymore and just called to check on the status of my application. All they could say was that no decision has been made. I asked if there was any kind of time frame and she said hopefully by June. JUNE!!! What is going on. Is there anyone else out there that has not heard AT ALL from them? I would feel better if I knew I was waitlisted or something, but I have not heard AT ALL. OY OY OY OY OY :o

June 15?? Wtf!!!  :o

I am in the same boat as you shnamgirl!! I have been complete there since mid Jan! Still no word at all. I keep being told that a decision should be made 'soon'!! Very frustrating to say the least! I really hope I don't have to wait til mid-June! >:(

ewynalek

• 3.2/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2005, 08:58:54 PM »
Hey, does anyone have the e-mail address to the dean/assisant dean for Kent?  I have 3.2/156 and I was deferred...I really want to go to Kent so i'm going to inquire about their part time program.  Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to switch from PT to FT? 

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2005, 10:23:17 AM »
ewynalek-

I have very similar numbers and was deferred also.  I'm considering the p/t program too, but it's a little more difficult since I'm out of state.  I've been told it's pretty easy to switch to full-time after 1L.  They say that they've been able to accomodate almost everyone who's requested in the past.
Fed gov't atty

ewynalek

• 3.2/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2005, 11:51:46 AM »
ewynalek-

I have very similar numbers and was deferred also.  I'm considering the p/t program too, but it's a little more difficult since I'm out of state.  I've been told it's pretty easy to switch to full-time after 1L.  They say that they've been able to accomodate almost everyone who's requested in the past.

I am also out of state, but the only school I was accepted to was Ave Maria in Ann Arbor, Michigan and I do NOT want to move back to Michigan or go to a school with strict Catholic principles.  I called Kent's Office of Admissions and the person who answered was about as unhelpful as an "advisor" can possibly be.  Do you know of anyone to contact in their admissions office?  Thanks for all of your help!

shnamgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2005, 12:43:09 PM »
I have basically those same numbers as well and I have not heard AT ALL! About two weeks ago, I sent a letter to the admissions com. asking to consider me for the part time program as well. I did not get a response either way.  ???