Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago Kent  (Read 1614 times)

arual324

• My boys Marshall and Chandler
    • AOL Instant Messenger - arual324
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chicago Kent
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 12:19:01 AM »
Shnamgirl- My app was sent to Kent Jan. 1. I visited in January, went complete the first week of February, and have still not heard anything at all. So it's definitely not just you. This lack of communication has really given me a negative opinion of Kent. It's just unprofessional to not give me any information for more than three months. I've called and they just brush me off, saying a few more weeks. I'll be attending a school I liked better than Kent, so it turns out it's irrelevant, but I'm still disappointed by their admissions process.

ilsox7

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 02:28:53 AM »
Shnamgirl- My app was sent to Kent Jan. 1. I visited in January, went complete the first week of February, and have still not heard anything at all. So it's definitely not just you. This lack of communication has really given me a negative opinion of Kent. It's just unprofessional to not give me any information for more than three months. I've called and they just brush me off, saying a few more weeks. I'll be attending a school I liked better than Kent, so it turns out it's irrelevant, but I'm still disappointed by their admissions process.

Kent is strange.  I sent my application about a week before you and we have very similar numbers and I heard within about 3 weeks after sending my application.  But don't worry, you're headed to the right place according to every Chicago lawyer I've talked to.  :)

S2B1L

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 08:45:10 AM »

Just a couple thoughts from a long-time lurker on this board:

Arual, it is surprising that Kent is taking so long with your app (especially considering they've offered mucho dinero to some students w/ similar or lower numbers... and speaking of that topic, the way they offer money is bizarre: seems like too much of a package to some students at or below 160, and not enough to some others with 160+). I'm sure you'll get in eventually, but wow, what a long wait. Good to hear you're happier with another school anyway.

I heard fairly soon on my app, but there were other things along the way that annoyed me (my award kept changing, i.e. subsidized and unsubsidized portions of my stafford loans kept shifting around so that the majority is unsubs now; also, in trying to negotiate terms of merit aid, administration would on the one hand be encouraging, on the other hand snippy or seemingly ignoring me, even after I did what they suggested I do). In the end, it was more substantive things that swayed me away from Kent anyway, but I have to admit I found their admissions process strange...

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 09:44:52 AM »
Strange, I found the people there extremely inviting. I emailed the dean and he got back to me within a few hours. Everyone I've talked to there seems nice. It's my impression that students who don't hear until very late (this happened to me at a number of schools, some of which I still haven't heard from) are soured by this experience, when its really just part of the terrible process of all law schools.
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

Lilli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 04:57:58 PM »
I emailed two days ago and have not received a response.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 01:10:43 AM »
I emailed two days ago and have not received a response.

I think they do try.  I e-mailed and they responded a week later.
Fed gov't atty

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 01:15:28 PM »
Just wanted to vent...I really hope that the faculty is nothing like the Admissions Office.  They've never been helpful over the phone, and half the time, the person on the other end doesn't even seem alert and oriented.  Have had much better luck e-mailing the higher ups in admissions directly.
Fed gov't atty

shnamgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 12:50:50 PM »
I could not take it anymore and just called to check on the status of my application. All they could say was that no decision has been made. I asked if there was any kind of time frame and she said hopefully by June. JUNE!!! What is going on. Is there anyone else out there that has not heard AT ALL from them? I would feel better if I knew I was waitlisted or something, but I have not heard AT ALL. OY OY OY OY OY :o

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 01:31:37 PM »
I could not take it anymore and just called to check on the status of my application. All they could say was that no decision has been made. I asked if there was any kind of time frame and she said hopefully by June. JUNE!!! What is going on. Is there anyone else out there that has not heard AT ALL from them? I would feel better if I knew I was waitlisted or something, but I have not heard AT ALL. OY OY OY OY OY :o
June 15 is the second seat deposit deadline, FYI.
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

shnamgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 03:38:20 PM »
I just don't know what to think. I mean if they are already full and not accepting anymore students should I not have been rejected or waitlisted at this point. I am very discouraged at this point.