Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova or Brooklyn??  (Read 554 times)

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Villanova or Brooklyn??
« on: May 09, 2005, 03:37:49 PM »
has anyone heard from either of these schools lately? 

i mean nothing man nothing...

i don't expect to get into Brooklyn. i think i have a fighting chance @ 'nova. 

jeez
FIU Class of 2009

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Villanova or Brooklyn??
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 05:12:21 PM »
I'm waiting on BLS, too. Its been my #1 since OCTOBER!!!!!  :-X

redrover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 10:46:07 PM »
villanova seems to be releasing it's waitlist with a few scattered rejections. with your numbers you could have a shot at the waitlist, but i wouldn't be holding out for an acceptance. 

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:38:04 PM »
well i got my bklyn rejection...
FIU Class of 2009

Kait

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 08:35:16 AM »
Redrover: Is your Villanova observation based on the activity that has recently been posted on LSN and a little bit around LSD? Or your friends and people you know from home, etc?

Just asking because I am still holding out hope that there are more than waitlists/rejections being distributed from Villanova. It seems like they have moved much more slowly than many schools throughout the process. I am also hoping that LSN is a sample of the higher end of the applicant pool.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 10:44:52 AM »
based on LSN i am expecting a waitlist from 'nova.  however, i wonder why i haven't heard anything when those people already got their waitlist letters.  it may be because i took december then cancelled fem LSAT.  that's most likely it.  but still it's almost mid-may and no decision either way. 

my thoughts on 'nova are that most people apply as a safety then go somewhere cheaper or go to a place that gives them more money.  then there's people like me that kind of apply there as a reach hoping to get in and would be willing to fork over 30K per year.  i hope there are less than 200 of me.
FIU Class of 2009

redrover

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:06:58 PM »
from the impression i got from talking to the admissions office.  she looked up my app and said that i had been waitlisted and said that they were going to be making a big mailing in two to three weeks and that my waitlist would be included.  then it was mailed the next day, probably because i had called.  i think a lot of the waitlists that have been surfacing on lsn are the product of people calling the office.  i have no direct information that they are done handing out acceptances. i have talked to a few friends at the law school and they said that if you havent heard of an acceptance at this point, it's probably a wl or rejection...but they dont work in admissions or anything.  basically its just the feeling i got from talking to admissions that they are putting together a waitlist from the rest of their apps. 

Ripper813

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 01:10:13 PM »
I will be letting nova know that I won't be accepting their offer of admission as soon as temple send me their financial pkg. (not cause its not a great school, but as the previous poster said, its pretty damn expensive and the gave me nothing) Hope that frees up something for one of yous. good luck.
Attending: TEMPLE UNIV

HOMERUN: Villanova, Pepperdine, NYLS ($$), Seton Hall ($$), Catholic, Weidner, TEMPLE
FULL COUNT: USD
STRIKEOUT: Notre Dame, Boston College
BASES ALREADY LOADED: Loyola (NO), Northeastern, American