Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Curious aboutThomas Jefferson  (Read 979 times)

be10dwn

Curious aboutThomas Jefferson
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:30:26 AM »
Even though I have decided to go to the University of Arkansas, I was curious if anyone has had the same experience with Thomas Jefferson as I have.  About mid April they had yet to request my LSDAS report yet they had managed to cash my check.  I emailed them and asked them about this but never got a response.  The next day, however, my LSDAS report had been requested.  To this day I haven't heard a single thing from them and I think they pretty much just stole my money.  Anyone else have this same experience?

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Curious aboutThomas Jefferson
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 09:31:39 AM »
Bastards.

I think I'll open up a law school just so I can pocket app fees.

LaneSwerver

lphiekickmydog

• Holla, gyeeeah *shiggles and wiggles*
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LPhiEKicK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 09:38:59 AM »
I totally know what you mean.  I applied last year and tried to get an answer as to what my status was for the longest...I even contacted them in July of last summer and still never got a clear cut "yes you were accepted" or "no, you were rejected."  Those bastards.

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 09:56:35 AM »
Even though I have decided to go to the University of Arkansas, I was curious if anyone has had the same experience with Thomas Jefferson as I have.  About mid April they had yet to request my LSDAS report yet they had managed to cash my check.  I emailed them and asked them about this but never got a response.  The next day, however, my LSDAS report had been requested.  To this day I haven't heard a single thing from them and I think they pretty much just stole my money.  Anyone else have this same experience?

It might be a clerical error.

You're better off at UA anyway. TJ's bar passage rate was around 45%. Ick.

be10dwn

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 10:32:46 AM »

Yeh, the only reason I applied was because of info they sent about their scholarships

COmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 11:20:24 AM »
I applied electronically last year to TJSL.  When I hadn't heard from them in September I called.  They said "Oops, we lost your application.  Oh look here it is!.  Would you like to be considered for Spring 05 or Fall 05?"  So I said Fall 05.  Finally recv'd a decision in April, three weeks after I had sent an email asking my app be withdrawn.  Wow, they need some serious organizational skills.

Precise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 11:38:47 AM »

Yeh, the only reason I applied was because of info they sent about their scholarships

I have found out that their scholarships arent even that great. I was given close to a full scholarship based on my lsat score, but it is non-renewable. I can make that scholarship renewable, but if I leave TJ for any reason (i.e transferring), I have to pay it all back.

ksukowat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 11:57:13 AM »

I have found out that their scholarships arent even that great. I was given close to a full scholarship based on my lsat score, but it is non-renewable. I can make that scholarship renewable, but if I leave TJ for any reason (i.e transferring), I have to pay it all back.

Ooh, gross!  I was considering attempting to apply there still this year (I know, I know, I'm absolutely ridiculous for trying to apply to any school this late in the application cycle)  but after you guys said all of this I don't know if it's worth it.  Sounds like I'd just be handing over my money for no reason at all.  What is it that drew you to TJ in the first place, besides the scholarships?  Anything?

katesq

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 06:47:46 PM »
Hmm. I've heard from USD, Loyola and Cal Western, but not Thomas Jefferson. I applied to them all at the same time. I called TJ last week and they said they're still reviewing. If I don't hear by August, I'm asking for my fee to be reimbursed. That's ridiculous!