Law School Discussion

I Guess I am Screwed

thechoson

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 05:18:03 PM »
Well hopefully I get something by Saturday.  If I am screwed, I guess it's USD or sit out a year. Who knows.

I feel like posting like a madman just to see my avatar over and over again

man f loyola if u dont get in..ull have a great time at usd...or if u take a year off in like europe or hawaii or sumpin kewl like that heh heh

 :-*

Once again, your post reflects your picture very well, haha

SpeakerDave

  • ****
  • 192
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 07:44:57 PM »
Choson,

My online status for Loyola still says ready for review -- so who the hell knows when I'll get a letter.

At least you have a decision on the way.

I'm placing my bet on rejection at 94% chance, waitlist at 5%, accept at 1% -- heck, probably less.

Next life I'm going to make sure I apply early...or rather take the LSAT early.  My late apps got me on the waitlist at every good school to which I applied.

Loyola isn't right for you anyway.  You seem so much like a USD kind of guy.  And, I have nothing to support that statement.

jdawg

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 12:04:44 AM »
That's a great picture of you.  I like your top.  very sexy... 

You should be happy about USD.  It's tough to get into, and it's also a 2nd tier.  Low attrition, good pay afterwards.  I've been to the campus- beautiful Roman Catholic architecture, and great view of the ocean from a mountaintop.  Not a bad place to study law.  many folks move to SD and never leave.

Is 16.5% attrition rate for 1st year considered low? I thought that was rather high actually.

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 05:43:36 AM »
Johnny Lee, when did you get your rejection from McGeorge?  Just wondering.  I am on the waitlist.  It seems all of my posts these days are about McGeorge...

forthguy

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 10:14:27 AM »
Is 16.5% attrition rate for 1st year considered low? I thought that was rather high actually.

My hunch is that a lot of those come from the ranks of the part-time programs.  It's difficult to know for sure where all the part-timers go; some likely go full-time, for instance.  However, it seems pretty likely many who work full-time (like I will be doing) or have families simply drop out deciding it's just too much.

Note, for example, that in the LSAC data, USD had 110 matriculating part-timers.  They brought in 110 students in a 4-year program.  Yet, their entire population of part-timers was 238.  Meanwhile, they've got 752 total full-time students and 259 matriculate.  There's still some lossage, and I have no idea how part-timers going full-time work into there and such, but my general impression is that part-time programs weigh down the attrition numbers pretty heavily.

Greg

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 11:31:40 AM »
sorry poodlegirl for the late reply. I was dinged from McGeorge on or about April 28th.  I sent in my app at the end of January, so it took several weeks to receive from LSDAS.  So the total turnaround was about 2 months.  They work quickly.  You should call and ask if a decision has been made.  IF they say a letter has been sent, it may go either way, but for me, it was a denial.

headmachine

  • ****
  • 620
  • new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2004, 12:07:08 PM »
so no reply yet cho? hasnt that been about a week? frickin snailmail...

thechoson

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2004, 12:10:19 PM »
so no reply yet cho? hasnt that been about a week? frickin snailmail...

No.  I am going to take my anger out by streaking through Loyola naked during orientation if they don't let me in