Law School Discussion

I Guess I am Screwed

thechoson

I Guess I am Screwed
« on: June 02, 2004, 04:03:34 PM »
Well I am still waiting on a school.  Their online status check says decision was made. Considering I live very close to the school, I was a bit puzzled about why mail wasn't here. So I called the office. She asked me for my SSN, and then told me "THOSE letters won't be mailed out till the end of the week."

I guess I'm screwed, I mean the only letters they would just hold and mail out all together are rejections, right?

Oh well.

Re: I Guess I am Screwed
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 04:15:05 PM »
I wouldn't stress about it.  Who knows what their procedure is.

BTW what school?

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 04:16:16 PM »
dude, dont you know the saying....

they always save the best for last.

youre in. 

youre in like swimwear.

thechoson

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 04:18:33 PM »
I wouldn't stress about it.  Who knows what their procedure is.

BTW what school?

Loyola

forthguy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 04:44:42 PM »
You might be.  But I wouldn't base your belief on when letters were mailed.

LSN isn't the best place for accurate information, but if you watch the numbers of a handful of schools (especially those that have people who have been thoughtful enough to include dates) it seems pretty clear that a lot of schools batch their mailings.  My guess is it helps in the process of checking for accuracy of mailings, among other things.

I doubt all of them do it.

Greg

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 04:48:21 PM »
Hi,

I suppose you're right.  I called McGeorge and asked them if a decision was made.  They said yes, and I asked if they could tell me on the phone.  She said no.  Three days later, I got my rejection.  Ball Sac sucks anyways.  Then again, every school has different procedures.  For instance, my brother got into Whittier.  The acceptance letter was thin like a rejection, and they offered him partial scholarship.  He intially thought it was a reject, and almost tossed it into the garbage.

I believe, though if I got in, they would have told me on the phone, as in good news. I can't believe the record # of apps this year in all of law school history happens when we decide to go back to school.  Murphy's f-ing Law.  you got into some pretty good school, though. or a school.

I applied to Loyola evening in January, and still haven't heard anything.

thechoson

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 04:55:31 PM »
Well hopefully I get something by Saturday.  If I am screwed, I guess it's USD or sit out a year. Who knows.

I feel like posting like a madman just to see my avatar over and over again

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 05:03:15 PM »

LOL!  I knew there was reason behind your constant postings.  :-P 

And goodluck with Loyola. 

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 05:15:24 PM »
That's a great picture of you.  I like your top.  very sexy... 

You should be happy about USD.  It's tough to get into, and it's also a 2nd tier.  Low attrition, good pay afterwards.  I've been to the campus- beautiful Roman Catholic architecture, and great view of the ocean from a mountaintop.  Not a bad place to study law.  many folks move to SD and never leave.

headmachine

• new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 05:16:07 PM »
Well hopefully I get something by Saturday.  If I am screwed, I guess it's USD or sit out a year. Who knows.

man f loyola if u dont get in..ull have a great time at usd...or if u take a year off in like europe or hawaii or sumpin kewl like that heh heh

:-*