Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My horror story  (Read 7377 times)

Amanda

My horror story
« on: June 12, 2001, 06:05:22 AM »
No air conditioning! I live in Florida! Someone had shut the air off in the building before the test. It was horrid. The proctor did say if it was too uncomfortable for you to take the test to talk to him and he would contact the LSAT people, but that didnt tell us whether or not we could make it up, get our money back etc.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: My horror story
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2001, 03:59:24 PM »
Really?  So what happened?  It's been a couple weeks.  Are you keeping your score?

Did someone shut it off on purpose?  Or was it more like an equipment malfunction?  Either way - sounds rough.

nathan

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2001, 07:13:29 PM »
I would sue them.

anon1457

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 06:06:25 PM »
anyone know a good attorney

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »
I hope you canceld your score, or at least asked for a refund based on extenuating circumstances :o
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

lamfhockey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 10:40:40 AM »
SO i had the stupidest proctors ever (figures that half of them had never administerd an lsat before) and somones cell phone went off during the reading section... and of course that persons score wasnt canceled and all they basically did was turn off their phone.. meanwhile everyone in our room was distracted because of course we had to follow the proctor walking over to the person etc.

However, stuff like that happens. I know it affected my LSAT score but the amount of effort required to remedy the situation wasnt worth those few extra points.

Go figure

justme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 02:56:25 AM »
i can relate to the cell phone issue. Proctors collected some people's phones before the test, and one guy made a big deal about turning his phone off so people would take a hint. Still, about 25-30 minutes into my logic games section a cell phone started ringing behind me, but the stupid B**CH, instead of just reaching into her bag and turning it off, lets it ring and tells the proctors, who are looking all over for the source, it's her phone ringing but she can't get at it right then because she's busy. Instead, she passes her bag over my head to the proctors, who have to rifle through her big ass knapsack looking for it.

They didn't kick her out or cancel her score. I wrote a letter complaining to LSAC, and they offered to either cancel my score or include my letter in my file when they sent reports to law schools.

RebeccaNY

• Try...and try again...
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cutenshort27
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 08:08:11 AM »
I took the LSAT in Queens College, NY when it was 75 and humid as all hell outside.  I walked into the building, and I felt like I was walking into a wall of heat.  The proctors said that the building couldn't get the A/C on.  Then these couple of dumb-as* guys had to yell at the proctors to turn off the fans, because "it was making distracting noise".  I sat in that room from 12:30pm-5:45pm, and must of lost 2 gallons of bodily fluid in SWEATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!  I felt like belting those bastards....

I am not going to do anything about the A/C situation and my score etc.  I am wondering if the LSAC tries to make the conditions as gruesome as possible, to "test" our physical and mental apptitude...boy I was mad....

Cheers,
Rebecca
UGPA 3.50
July 6?????!!! ??? :-\
Cheers,
Rebecca E.
Brooklyn, NY
e-mail: cutenshort27@yahoo.com
UGPA 3.50
July 6

sonofapickle.

• View Profile