Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: About Villanova....  (Read 3274 times)

soleil334

• View Profile
Re: About Villanova....
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 05:22:34 PM »
I am from Newport Beach, CA and I went to Princeton '04.  Main Line is very different from Newport but very much like Princeton, NJ, which I loved.  I chose Villanova because it is a good school but not super-competitive and it's close to both Philly and NYC where all of my Pton friends are.

NY423C

• I find this pic much better looking than myself
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 05:29:43 PM »
Great.  Well, I'm Michelle and I'm from Delaware.  It's very nice to meet you.  I think today is the first day that I'm sure that I'll be going to 'Nova. 
Accepted:  Villanova ($14,000/yr), Temple ($7,500/yr), Uconn, St. John's ($25,000/yr)

Rejected:  Fordham, Upenn (such is life)

Waitlisted:  Washington and Lee

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ny423c

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 05:30:12 PM »
It's nice to see some people finally talking about Villanova.  I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else out there.  Where is everyone moving from?  How different is the area from your hometown?  What made you choose 'Nova?  Just curious.  Looking for some activity on the Villanova posts...

I grew up in Center City. But I've been living in DC for the last 3 years. This will be the first time in my life I have lived in the suburbs (living at my Dad's house in Media).  

'Nova places very well in Philadelphia, which was one of my main criteria for law schools.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 05:32:34 PM »
Great.  Well, I'm Michelle and I'm from Delaware.  It's very nice to meet you.  I think today is the first day that I'm sure that I'll be going to 'Nova. 

Nice feeling, isn't it? 

If anyone is going to be in Philly over the summer, it might be fun to get a group together for a drink before orientation starts. It's always nice to know a couple already of people on the first day.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

NY423C

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 05:56:53 PM »
That's not a bad idea.  That's what I'm trying to accomplish by keeping this post alive.  It'd just be nice to get to know one another at least a little bit through this site.
Accepted:  Villanova ($14,000/yr), Temple ($7,500/yr), Uconn, St. John's ($25,000/yr)

soleil334

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005, 06:37:44 PM »
Have any of you gotten info from Villanova about computers or orientation or anything?

NY423C

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 06:51:50 PM »
I saw something on the website about orientation.  I believe it's the 22nd of August but I could be wrong.  As for other stuff, nothing.  I have to get my financial aid application in like LAST MONTH.  Wow, it's going to be an uphill battle from here.  I have a feeling there will always be something else to take care of.  Time to get it moving because time flies around here in the summer time.   

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 03:35:11 PM »
It's nice to see some people finally talking about Villanova.  I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else out there.  Where is everyone moving from?  How different is the area from your hometown?  What made you choose 'Nova?  Just curious.  Looking for some activity on the Villanova posts...

i'm originally from Hazleton, PA (pocono mountains) but have spent the last 4 years in New Orleans, LA... I picked Villanova because I want to end up in the Northeast, most likely in PA.  It also doesn't hurt that they're the best school I got into.  Obviously nothing compares to New Orleans, but, as much as I love it down here, I'll be happy to get back up north to a normal city (and a slightly more serious academic environment than at Tulane... if you're even the least bit prone to slacking, the tulane black hole will suck you right in... take my word for it).  It wlil also nice to be only 2 hours away from mom and pop (they're pretty excited anyway, which works to my advantage in the long run as well)...

LoveYaLots

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 03:46:46 PM »
Hi all!
I wasn't sure if I should be posting things in the Villanova section of the "Students & Graduates" board or here...  I already posted something regarding apartment hunting, cuz I'm not sure if it's worth living alone for around $1000/mo. or living with a roommate for half the price.  What do you guys think?   :)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 05:09:48 PM »
i'm living with a good friend from high school who is in grad school for film at Temple across town... (our apt in Manayunk is basically halfway between our respective schools).   i would highly recommend living with someone else -- living alone can be lonely and depressing (or so i'd imagine, but then again i'm a pretty social person), and you definately will save money that way too.  just make sure its someone who will be respectful so that your studies (and sleep patterns) are undisturbed. 

Hi all!
I wasn't sure if I should be posting things in the Villanova section of the "Students & Graduates" board or here...  I already posted something regarding apartment hunting, cuz I'm not sure if it's worth living alone for around $1000/mo. or living with a roommate for half the price.  What do you guys think?   :)