Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: About Villanova....  (Read 3325 times)

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: About Villanova....
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 02:22:22 PM »
Anyone else really stoked about Villanova hoops next year? Im going to try and make it to as many games as I can.  How hard is it to get tickets?

I'm with you on the hoops team. They are going to be really good. I don't know how hard it is to get tickets, but I bet it's doable. And I'm told they play most of they're home games at the arena on campus.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 02:58:20 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to bash the Center City commute to Nova by train.  Granted I'm speaking from four years during high school of having either an hour and a half or hour commute into New York City each day by either subway, bus, ferry or some combination of those forms of transportation for high school.  At least with trains your commute can be somewhat productive and you have a good chance of the commute being fairly the same amount of time every day whereas with driving you never really know... so you need to leave yourself a little extra time with the driving.

King of Prussia is shopping mecca.  2nd largest mall in America (second to the one in the midwest with a friggin amusement park in it), you can't go wrong.

Conshy is the closest "hip" place to live relative to Villanova.  I'd say the drive is 15-20 min?  Not really sure on that estimate.

thats interesting, i had no idea conshy was considered a hot spot now.  you can see new buildings coming up from the highway, but at first glance it looked like it'd have roughly the same ambiance as actually living in a corporate park.  i maintain my manayunk recommendation, but im interested to here more about whats going on in conshy...  (and yes conshy is closer to nova, just one exit on the blue route, and against rush hour traffic)

dividedsky

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT, 2.73 UGPA
    • View Profile
    • all bisco all the time
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 08:03:35 PM »
Anyone else really stoked about Villanova hoops next year? Im going to try and make it to as many games as I can.  How hard is it to get tickets?

I'm with you on the hoops team. They are going to be really good. I don't know how hard it is to get tickets, but I bet it's doable. And I'm told they play most of they're home games at the arena on campus.

Ya, i'm excited to go to a school that is actually good at sports.  (my high school... pathetic.  tulane... pretty sad as well, except baseball)

where are the rest of you goin to nova planning on living?

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 08:09:55 AM »

Ya, i'm excited to go to a school that is actually good at sports.  (my high school... pathetic.  tulane... pretty sad as well, except baseball)

I'm living in Media at my dad's house.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 08:59:54 AM »
Anyone else really stoked about Villanova hoops next year? Im going to try and make it to as many games as I can. How hard is it to get tickets?

Its definatly not easy to get tickets.  The majority of the Pavillion (which is small) is sold to season ticket holders, leaving one bleacher of student section.  At the begining of this last season, it was easy to get tickets to any game, but by the end the bandwagon was full, and it was really hard.  They distribute tickets to undergrads using a lottery system, I'm not sure how grad students are factored in.  If we're as good as they say we're going to be, don't expect to be able to get to any game you want. 
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

BetaZN89

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 12:34:14 AM »
I'm still figuring out my living situation - spent four years down in DC and my familiarity with the Philadelphia Main Line area is limited. I have a friend that's an undergrad there and was selling Ardmore and Manayunk pretty hard. I'm also considering the Executive House in Overbrook... she's a beauty.
Accepted/Attending: Villanova,
Accepted/Withdrawn: Catholic, Hofstra($$), Seton Hall
Rejected: American, George Mason

jg049457

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 03:54:57 PM »
I did undergrad at Saint Joe's (Villanofun's rival school!  ;)) I can honestly tell you that Ardmore is a wonderful place to get an apartment. Just a 1/2 hour drive (at the most!) down Lancaster Avenue and you'll run smack dab into Villanova's campus. Plus there's a lot of little trendy shops and coffee houses and things, and some good pubs - like Brownie's or Maggie O'Neill's just a hop skip and a jump away. There's also some nice apartment complexes on City Line Avenue.

NY423C

• I find this pic much better looking than myself
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 12:41:41 AM »
Pete.  I assume you're definitely going to Villanova?  That's great.  I suppose now that I am as well.  I'll most likely end up at a studio apt (converted basement in a large home) right by campus.  Keep me updated on your search, though, because if that falls through, I might need some advice!
Accepted:  Villanova ($14,000/yr), Temple ($7,500/yr), Uconn, St. John's ($25,000/yr)

Rejected:  Fordham, Upenn (such is life)

Waitlisted:  Washington and Lee

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ny423c

soleil334

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 04:16:53 PM »

I'm living at the Radwyn Apts. in Bryn Mawr...anybody else?

NY423C

• I find this pic much better looking than myself
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 05:13:31 PM »
It's nice to see some people finally talking about Villanova.  I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else out there.  Where is everyone moving from?  How different is the area from your hometown?  What made you choose 'Nova?  Just curious.  Looking for some activity on the Villanova posts...
Accepted:  Villanova ($14,000/yr), Temple ($7,500/yr), Uconn, St. John's ($25,000/yr)

Rejected:  Fordham, Upenn (such is life)

Waitlisted:  Washington and Lee

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ny423c