Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ave Maria Standard of Living?  (Read 2470 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Ave Maria Standard of Living?
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2005, 08:45:32 PM »
if you don't mind driving a little bit then you might be able to find some good deal in canton or belleville.

I don't mind at all. I commute a total of 90 miles a day right now...15 or 20 is no big deal.

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
  • We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005, 08:51:37 PM »
If you did some looking I think you could find a 1 bdrm that's within driving distance for less than $600 per month.

Edit: P.S. I live in Ann Arbor currently....Ypsi/other surrounding towns is definitely the way to go.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 08:52:38 PM »
Good. Now, someone tell me about these "rooms for rent" that I see in the newspaper. Good? Bad? Boardinghouse? Flophouse? Crackhouse? International House of Pancakes?

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 08:54:15 PM »
You can definitely find some decent rooms for rent in houses. The problem is that I feel like this arrangement could be more hit/miss than an Apartment complex, but that's just my opinion.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 08:54:53 PM »
You can definitely find some decent rooms for rent in houses. The problem is that I feel like this arrangement could be more hit/miss than an Apartment complex, but that's just my opinion.

Opinions are good; that's all I have right now!

Intuition

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2005, 09:04:32 PM »
I rarely have anything but opinions.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 09:23:46 PM »
Housing in SE Michigan is high.  Oakland county is rediculous, and parts of Macomb, Wayne, St Clair, and Washtenaw are equally as bad.  It is tough to find any appartments under 600-700 in a decent area.  This is one feature I will not miss next year.

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »
South is bad only because Ava Maria is in the north part of Ann Arbor.  It's just farther away.  Room may not be bad, but you never know who your roommates are going to be.  I'm not familiar with the housing situation on the north part of town.  Downtown is overpriced.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2005, 10:28:57 AM »
I used to live around the corner from this business (but have never used them):
Relocation Central - Apartment Search
734-677-3710
www.relocationcentral.com

Its suppose to be a free service, so you've got nothing to lose. You won't find anything decent for under $800. I used to pay around $635 in the Ypsi ghetto about five years ago. Then I moved to nice ones in Ann Arbor for just under a grand. Now I'm in Milan, about 12 miles south of Ann Arbor. Nice area, very laid back and quiet, and cheap. Its right off the main highway (23) that Ave Marie is off of. I would suggest trying there. It only takes about 25 minutes tops to go from my condo to Ave Marie.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2005, 11:07:02 AM »
I used to live around the corner from this business (but have never used them):
Relocation Central - Apartment Search
734-677-3710
www.relocationcentral.com

Its suppose to be a free service, so you've got nothing to lose. You won't find anything decent for under $800. I used to pay around $635 in the Ypsi ghetto about five years ago. Then I moved to nice ones in Ann Arbor for just under a grand. Now I'm in Milan, about 12 miles south of Ann Arbor. Nice area, very laid back and quiet, and cheap. Its right off the main highway (23) that Ave Marie is off of. I would suggest trying there. It only takes about 25 minutes tops to go from my condo to Ave Marie.

Thanks for the info! And by cheap you mean...?