Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC v. UCD v. Loyola (L.A.)  (Read 579 times)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
BC v. UCD v. Loyola (L.A.)
« on: May 07, 2005, 05:53:50 AM »

I'm from Southern California.

I want to make big bucks.  I like urban city life.  Hopefully return to Southern California.

*gulp* Help!?

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
Re: BC v. UCD v. Loyola (L.A.)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 06:50:07 PM »
UC Davis, though BC might have slightly better biglaw chances.

anner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 11:02:59 PM »
Davis.  I am officially unimpressed and underwhelmed by Loyola.  Long story.  But yeh, after talking to a ton of people, most of whom are successful lawyers (two in tax, four in entertainment, and plenty o' prosecutors), I think Davis is the way to go.  BC is good, yes, but I think it is better to have Univ. of California- (insert location here) on your resume if you want to work here.  I have decided on Davis too, so if you end up going, we are gonna be classmates. yay!

The fact that it isn't urban does suck, but I think it is a blessing in disguise because 1) that means it is cheaper to live there 2) you won't have to be turning down the gazillions of parties, shows, gallery openings, etc., that you can't go to anyway because you will be studying.
I am kinda stoked that it will give me the opportunity to just get into the education and allow me the chance to do other stuff as well if there is time since it is on a large campus.  The education seems fab overall as well.  Its really small to the point where you are basically getting a private school education for in-state tuition. 

big. fat. manly.

dave303

• Sr. Citizen
  • La plus belle pour aller danser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 05:42:01 PM »
No comparsion? What have you been smoking, davis is ranked 32 BC is ranked 27. They are similar schools except that BC is more established and has a more local biglaw firms.

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:55:01 AM »
No comparsion? What have you been smoking, davis is ranked 32 BC is ranked 27. They are similar schools except that BC is more established and has a more local biglaw firms.

There is a HUGE difference. If you need clarification as to why, research needs to be done.

hth

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 02:06:12 AM »

in the end, i want to live on the east coast for a while, so i guess the questions comes down to is it easier to:

1. go to bc and get a job in california

or

2. go to davis and get a job on the east coast

any thoughts?
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past