Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston College? Where will you live?  (Read 1231 times)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Boston College? Where will you live?
« on: May 07, 2005, 05:50:28 AM »

Since they have no on campus housing, where does everyone plan to live?  I'm coming from California, so I am a little freaked out.

Any help on good neighborhoods to live in?

Other tips?

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

MSW05

• AOL Instant Messenger - portalbella
    • View Profile
Re: Boston College? Where will you live?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 07:36:26 AM »
I'm not going to BC for law school, but I just finished grad school there.  Most students live in Boston (esp the Cleveland Circle area, which is very close to the main campus), Brighton, Allston, and Newton, all of which are subway accessable if you don't have a car. 

Best of luck!     :) 
MSW soon to be JD

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 09:39:45 PM »

Cleavland circle is a nice area. The attorneys at my firm now who went to BC for law school said that the reservoir tours or 2000 Comm ave are really nice, but a little more expensive as they are luxury apartments.

lsantos623

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »
I'm not going to BC but I grew up in Newton and can tell you this much, head to Boston (cleveland circle, allston, comm ave) NOT Newton, Newton is pure suburbia, nice and quiet for studying but awful if you wanna go hang out at a coffee shop or a bar, cause there's like two of them.  I also recommend living by the T (the train there) if you don't have a car. 
CLS or Boalt?????

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 01:05:21 AM »

thank you so much for the information you have all provided?

what do you think the best way to find an apt would be?

i really only want to make one visit out to boston before i leave for school, since it does get hefty coming from california.

thanks again!
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

BC1L2005

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 03:40:49 PM »
What about Newton Center?  It seems like a nice town.  Also, I was thinking about living by the main campus on Comm Ave in Brighton...

MSW05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 05:30:41 PM »
I don't think that Newton is a bad place to live, it's just a much quieter than Allston, Brighton, or Boston, where a lot of students live. It's very residential.  Newton Center is cute, and close to the law school.  But if you're looking to live in the city, near a lot of bars and places to go out, then Newton probably isn't where you want to go.
MSW soon to be JD

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 02:24:48 AM »

what's the life like between alliston/brighton comm ave and cleavland circle? (or however they are spelled)
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

MSW05

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 08:22:39 AM »
I've found Allston/Brighton and Cleveland Circle to be busy. There are a lot of students, and lot of fun resturants and bars. You can walk most places b/c finding parking for your car can be a pain in the ass, unless you scored an apartment with a parking spot. All three area's are T accessable.  Cleveland Circle is very close the BC's main campus, a movie theatre, more resturants etc etc.
In all I've found them to be fun areas.  I don't know if BC Law is subway accessable though, so if you don't have a car it might be good to find out if the school provides any kind of shuttle servie or if any other form of public transport runs out there.
MSW soon to be JD

ajumper

• AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergalway
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 05:02:34 PM »
Hey

BC law is not on the 'T' (subway).  The nearest 't' stop is about 1-2 miles away from the law school campus.  But they do have a free shuttle bus that leaves from vey near the end of the line.  The shuttle runs from very early in the morning til I think around 1 or 2 am.  And it does not take that long to get out there, if you live at the end if the B or C line.  Would recommend living on the C line rather than on the B line as it is much more convenient for getting in and out of downtown. if you go to MBTA.com you will find a map of the subway system in Boston and see what I'm talking about.  Hope this helps.
Rejected by many but.....
In at BC and GWU.
Now what?