Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody get their Columbia "reserve" letter in the mail today?  (Read 7378 times)

suzy

• View Profile
Re: Anybody get their Columbia "reserve" letter in the mail today?
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2005, 11:36:09 AM »
a few days back someone wrote that their friend had received a call from columbia to see if he or she was still interested in attending. to the person who wrote that, was that person eventually admitted? does anyone know of anyone who was admitted off of the reserve list in this round?

The5thAce

• AOL Instant Messenger - JVersion4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2005, 12:18:32 PM »
a few days back someone wrote that their friend had received a call from columbia to see if he or she was still interested in attending. to the person who wrote that, was that person eventually admitted? does anyone know of anyone who was admitted off of the reserve list in this round?

I wrote that.  My friend talked to the dean, and the dean informed him that a decision would be mailed to him ASAP.  As far as I know, he has not yet received any correspondance from them, but he expects it any day.  I haven't heard of anyone else actually receiving a phone call from them.
Attending: NYU Law!
In: Penn, Chicago, Georgetown, Emory
Out: Harvard and Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=The5thAce

suzy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2005, 12:49:50 PM »
thanks for the response.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2005, 02:09:33 PM »

I wrote that.  My friend talked to the dean, and the dean informed him that a decision would be mailed to him ASAP.  As far as I know, he has not yet received any correspondance from them, but he expects it any day.  I haven't heard of anyone else actually receiving a phone call from them.

that's definitely an offer of admission. what's your friend's numbers?
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

suzy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2005, 04:48:56 PM »
nixon, did you ever hear back. i know you were still waiting to hear as of a few days ago. 

The5thAce

• AOL Instant Messenger - JVersion4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2005, 08:36:13 PM »

that's definitely an offer of admission. what's your friend's numbers?

I know he had a 171 on the LSAT, but I'm not sure about his GPA.  He and I both obtained engineering degrees in May (if that makes any difference).
Attending: NYU Law!
In: Penn, Chicago, Georgetown, Emory
Out: Harvard and Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=The5thAce

ace888

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2005, 10:14:53 PM »
I just got my second reserve notice in the mail also. Awesome

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2005, 04:12:29 AM »
nixon, did you ever hear back. i know you were still waiting to hear as of a few days ago. 

still waiting. nothing as of saturday. I will post when I get something. my gut feeling is that it's a rejection, since I didn't send updated grades or a letter of interest or anything at all besides the postcard.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2005, 08:57:44 AM »

still waiting. nothing as of saturday. I will post when I get something. my gut feeling is that it's a rejection, since I didn't send updated grades or a letter of interest or anything at all besides the postcard.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that.  I didn't send in anything besides the postcard either and received the "July" letter, and you have better numbers than I do (http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=boston24).

I feel like maybe you are one of the people they are still considering for this round.  All speculation - but don't give up hope yet. 
UVa it is!

suzy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 09:01:56 AM »
right. if there is one thing i have learned during this process it is that it is impossible to assume anything based on the behavior of admissions committees. almost everyone has received a letter other than you and that guy who got the phone call, so you're in good company.