Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody get their Columbia "reserve" letter in the mail today?  (Read 7129 times)

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody get their Columbia "reserve" letter in the mail today?
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2005, 07:56:10 PM »
my roommate and I are both on the columbia reserve list and he got a defer til july and I didn't. so they must be going through them in some order, which suggests that some people are going to get accepted this time.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2005, 10:49:58 PM »
did your roommate have similar stats?. . .

Does anyone know if there were any acceptances off the waitlist this time around? . .

I haven't received a second reserve or release from the waitlist yet. . .

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2005, 01:59:04 AM »
did your roommate have similar stats?. . .

Does anyone know if there were any acceptances off the waitlist this time around? . .

I haven't received a second reserve or release from the waitlist yet. . .

we both have 4.3 indexes. i'm not saying that i'm going to get in, but if no one was getting in I would have recieved mine deferral the same time he did. they are going through them with some criteria
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon

The5thAce

• AOL Instant Messenger - JVersion4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:59 AM »
It has come to my attention that Columbia's dean has begun to call applicants on the "Reserve" list recently in an effort to gauge their respective interest in attending the school.  (A good friend of mine just received that call.)  I am not sure if that means that they are about to unleash a wave of favorable decisions, but I just thought I'd mention it to everyone.
Attending: NYU Law!
In: Penn, Chicago, Georgetown, Emory
Out: Harvard and Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=The5thAce

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2005, 10:57:49 AM »
It has come to my attention that Columbia's dean has begun to call applicants on the "Reserve" list recently in an effort to gauge their respective interest in attending the school.  (A good friend of mine just received that call.)  I am not sure if that means that they are about to unleash a wave of favorable decisions, but I just thought I'd mention it to everyone.

would you go to columbia if they accepted you off the waitlist?

The5thAce

• AOL Instant Messenger - JVersion4
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2005, 11:01:13 AM »

I certainly would!  NYU is a great school, and I'd certainly be happy there, but I have dreamed of Columbia for some time.  What about you?
Attending: NYU Law!
In: Penn, Chicago, Georgetown, Emory
Out: Harvard and Columbia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=The5thAce

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2005, 11:11:13 AM »

I certainly would!  NYU is a great school, and I'd certainly be happy there, but I have dreamed of Columbia for some time.  What about you?

And I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed that you DO get into columbia so that another spot will open up at NYU and hopefully they will take ME off the waitlist  ;D

as of right now i'm still choosing between Fordham and Georgetown.... I keep going back and forth, Fordham = average chances at good career + wonderful chances at happy future with my boyfriend
Gtown = wonderful chances at good career + average chances atfuture happy future wiht my boyfriend...

I'm comparing apples and oranges and it sucks....

nyu would perfectly solve all my problems..... so... I hope you get into columbia!!!! :)

UrbAnprOphEt1200

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2005, 07:06:07 PM »
I got the second reserve letter as well yesterday in California.  I'm staying on as I still would very much consider going there if they let me in.  I know it's all speculation at this point, but I'm still a bit confused: Is it a better sign to have received the second reserve letter or not at this point? 

I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Bacchante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2005, 07:38:27 PM »
I finally received the second reserve letter (dated 6/21).  I'll be staying on the list.  Argh.

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2005, 11:36:54 AM »
I finally got my second reserve letter yesterday too. It was sent to my parents. . .It says we'll hear back sometime in July. Did everyone hear the July timeframe as well?