Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody get their Columbia "reserve" letter in the mail today?  (Read 7264 times)

davisxa

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sue first; ask question later.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Who here knows the difference between "reserve" and "waitlist" from Columbia? (other than the "reserve" isn't ranked) Which is better, and how do they decide between putting someone on "reserve" and placing someone on the waitlist?

_____________________________ _____________________
3.46/170
In: U. Penn. (45k/3), Cornell(47k/3), Georgetown (66k/3), Northeastern (69k/3)
WL: NYU
"reserve"(?): Columbia
Rejected: Boalt, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=davisxa

Nizzy

• View Profile
Re: Anybody get their Columbia "reserve" letter in the mail today?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 05:11:36 AM »
Who here knows the difference between "reserve" and "waitlist" from Columbia? (other than the "reserve" isn't ranked) Which is better, and how do they decide between putting someone on "reserve" and placing someone on the waitlist?

Pretty sure the reserve is just columbia's special name for their wailist.

adbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 12:30:18 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the Columbia reserve list recently?  I dont remember what they said in their letter about a timeframe, but was hoping that maybe someone on LSD had talked to the admissions office about it in the past couple of weeks...?

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 12:54:10 PM »

Has anyone heard anything about the Columbia reserve list recently?  I dont remember what they said in their letter about a timeframe, but was hoping that maybe someone on LSD had talked to the admissions office about it in the past couple of weeks...?

I don't think they're even looking at us until June.
UVa it is!

Nizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:05:21 AM »

I don't think they're even looking at us until June.

Indeed

Bacchante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 12:28:39 PM »
I just called the Admissions Office.  The woman I spoke with said that the review process of reserve candidates has begun, but no decisions have been sent yet.  Also, we should "hear something by the end of the month".  Fingers crossed....

jebus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 12:38:52 PM »
I just called the Admissions Office.  The woman I spoke with said that the review process of reserve candidates has begun, but no decisions have been sent yet.  Also, we should "hear something by the end of the month".  Fingers crossed....

Thanks for the info... ditto on the fingers.

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 02:10:52 PM »

Thanks for the info... ditto on the fingers.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I want this to be over with.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 03:48:45 PM »
Man, talk about dream come true, I would give anything to go to that school.

Boston24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »

Everyone should hear by the end of the month, or just those who are accepted?
UVa it is!