Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA Waitlist  (Read 7052 times)

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2004, 02:58:01 AM »
Well I emailed them and told them July 28th was the last day for me.  I am moving to Chicago to attend Northwestern if I don't get in to UCLA so I guess I dont have quite as much flexibilty!  I recieved two emails back from 2 different people: one just thanked me for my response and the other said that they would try to get me a decision before that date.  I guess all I can do now is pray!

Hey skotval, any news?

skotval

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 03:24:35 AM »
Eugenio... I replied to your email just a minute ago... But just to let everyone know, I did get accepted to UCLA on July 28th.  They called me at 4:30 (I think they close at 5).  So there is hope!  I accepted the offer of admission the next morning drove down to LA that day to find an apartment.  The Asst Dean of Admissions told me that as of right now they are still overenrolled, but she felt confident that enough people would drop out before school that they could take me.  And I heard someone else at the school saying that they would be accepting more people in the next 3 weeks.  Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 11:04:57 AM »
Now I feel like an idiot for telling them I would wait until August 23, but I guess that's life, Skotval, if you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers? Did you send them any additional info??

Anyway, Congratulations and good luck!

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2004, 03:32:10 PM »
Last Friday, August 6th, was UCLA's tuition deadline supposedly. I am thinking that if any offers will be made, they will be made in the next couple of days. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Also, I've heard that the housing situation at UCLA has gone awry. Anyone know about that?

Ginatio

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2004, 04:00:59 PM »
There were some graduate dorms under construction close to the main campus, and I believe they're not ready for occupancy yet. What they plan on doing about it, I have no clue...

Also, I've heard that the housing situation at UCLA has gone awry. Anyone know about that?

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2004, 01:39:46 PM »
I sent an email to admissions yesterday (I couldn't get them to pick up the phone) Told them that I was moving this week, and I would REALLY appreciate a realistic response as to whether or not they were taking people off the list and if so, If I had any chance of being one of them.  They answered an hour later saying that they are still overenrolled, that they sympathized with my time constrictions, but that they just didn't have any space and they would call me if anything became available closer to the start of school.  So basically, they had nothing to say, so I'm off to Hastings on Thursday

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2004, 03:52:42 PM »
Protagoras,

That is horribly bad news. I had already gotten my hopes up, perhaps unwisely, that some spots would open up this week. What a shame.

neverends

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2004, 08:23:49 PM »
it's not horribly bad news, its just bad news >:(
it's coming...

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2004, 03:21:11 AM »
it's not horribly bad news, its just bad news >:(

Agreed, bottom line is that until the 23rd, it isn't over no matter what, so just keep holding out until that date.

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004, 06:06:06 PM »
Does anyone know of anyone who has been rejected off the UCLA waitlist yet?