Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA Waitlist  (Read 6985 times)

Ginatio

Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 06:11:51 PM »
There is no deposit for UCLA. You merely have to fill out an online "intent to register" form. The first one was due May something, and the second is due by June 22nd.

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 08:39:25 PM »
There is no deposit for UCLA. You merely have to fill out an online "intent to register" form. The first one was due May something, and the second is due by June 22nd.

Thanks for the info. That changes my timetable significantly. The fact that UCLA does not require a deposit is quite inconvenient for those of us on the waitlist. As such, we are particular reliant on those who were accepted to exercise common courtesy- a prospect which I am none too hopeful about.

Also, no news for today.

Ginatio

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 08:41:27 PM »
Right, but keep in mind that they have probably already accounted for this, so it's more than likely that they accept more people than they have a capacity for to begin with. so unless a drastic number of people turn them down, they may not need to delve into the WL.

Thanks for the info. That changes my timetable significantly. The fact that UCLA does not require a deposit is quite inconvenient for those of us on the waitlist. As such, we are particular reliant on those who were accepted to exercise common courtesy- a prospect which I am none too hopeful about.

Also, no news for today.

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 01:05:46 AM »
hope i'm not being rude, but could you post your application stats (gpa/lsat/etc) for your waitlist?

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 02:56:46 AM »
3.58/168

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2004, 04:19:51 AM »
I'm 3.91/164

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 11:51:41 AM »
OK, It's 9:00 am PDT on the 22nd, has anyone heard anything yet? j/k If anyone hears anything in the next couple of days, please post

Ginatio

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 12:00:05 PM »
I'm an admitted student at UCLA Law. I was thinking about turning them down since they're too expensive for me at this point, but my family may be moving to the area, so I've kept my seat thus far.

I was trying to decide whether or not to confirm my intent to register on the form due Today (6/22), and was coincidentally called up by one of the directors of admissions. They wanted to know if I was a definite, since I think they are trying to reallocate scholarship funds.

I explained my situation and she said that I should just confirm for now and there will be a final confirmation in mid to late July.

The other thing she said that may be of interest to you guys is that they typically do have some people who decide to give up their seats in July, when the final confirmation takes place.

So if you don't hear from them in the next few weeks (in the wake of the 6/22 deadline), then the next round is sometime in July.

Good luck.

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 05:54:58 AM »
Thank you Ginatio for keeping us updated, and I hope that there will be good news for all of us soon.

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2004, 12:26:52 PM »
In an effort to keep the thread updated, I received a letter on Friday from admissions telling me basically everything that's already posted on this board, they are over enrolled, there was a commitment date on June 22, there will be another one sometime in July, and they will fill spaces if they become available all the way through August 23 (at which point I'll be sitting in a lecture hall at Hastings) the letter also indicated that it would be helpful for them to know how late I would consider accepting an offer of admission (ie will you wait until August 23) not quite sure how to respond to that, I want to indicate my continued interest, but I don't want to tell them that I'm willing to wait around indefinitely considering I have to relocate to San Francisco, Any thoughts?