Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA Waitlist  (Read 7087 times)

lawst

• View Profile
UCLA Waitlist
« on: June 02, 2004, 04:28:31 PM »
I accepted a place on their waitlist in April but I have not received any correspondence since. There has not been any movement on LSN. Has anybody on UCLA's waitlist heard ANYTHING?

Protagoras

• View Profile
Re: UCLA Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
I'm on their waitlist, I received an email from their admissions office(in response to an email I sent them) that said they would start re-reviewing wait list apps in late June, and that last year they admitted about 30 people, they said to send additonal LOR's, etc., I haven't heard anything since, but it appears that a couple of people have gotten off the waitlist recently

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 04:44:22 PM »
I'm on their waitlist, I received an email from their admissions office(in response to an email I sent them) that said they would start re-reviewing wait list apps in late June, and that last year they admitted about 30 people, they said to send additonal LOR's, etc., I haven't heard anything since, but it appears that a couple of people have gotten off the waitlist recently

Thanks- I too had noticed a few people on this board who had been granted admission off of the waitlist. It kind of upset my stomach. On LSN the waitlist number seems to be smallish though, and the one guy said he was going to Duke instead of taking the UCLA offer- so I am hoping that our chances are high...

Did you send any extra LORs in?

Protagoras

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 05:51:25 PM »
I actually emailed a couple of professors today to see if they'd be willing to write something, I also sent UCLA a letter of continued interest, I guess that's about all I can do . . . post if you hear anything

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 01:16:12 AM »
I'm on the waitlist as well, let's try to keep this thread updated!

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 05:03:46 PM »
I'm on the waitlist as well, let's try to keep this thread updated!

No news today. (Just keeping the thread updated.) :)

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 07:48:58 PM »
Still no news. Getting anxious- shouldn't something be happening now that the deposit deadine has come and gone?!?!

daimon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 04:19:02 PM »
I was waitlisted on April 15 or so.  I got a phone call from the Admissions office mid-May offering admission, and I declined two days after that.  So the waitlist is moving.

eugeniuslh

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 04:57:28 AM »
Does anyone know when exactly the second deposit deadline was?

lawst

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 05:28:31 PM »
I think that UCLAs desposit deadline was June 4th, which is why I was hoping that we would start seeing siginificnt movement today.

No news from me though.