Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Have A Horrible Job??  (Read 2258 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Have A Horrible Job??
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 09:26:32 PM »
Now that I bought my laptop with the discount... I'll put in my two weeks notice shortly.  The torture is almost over.

I'm waiting to turn in the form for tuition reimbursement. I'm a scumbag.

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 09:36:43 PM »
i remove children from feces ridden, cockroach infested crack houses. i've been assaulted and stalked by parents whose children i have removed. lice, ringworm, and scabies are a daily risk. i would love to sell appliances to elderly people.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 10:13:15 PM »
i remove children from feces ridden, cockroach infested crack houses. i've been assaulted and stalked by parents whose children i have removed. lice, ringworm, and scabies are a daily risk. i would love to sell appliances to elderly people.

I still haven't received my response from the prison dwarf.

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 10:13:46 PM »

Wow, now that is a truly horrid job.  I can't believe you actually put up with that for so long.  Any reasons you didn't leave after, say, the 5th year??

I stayed because I actually like what I did and was good at. My property was a “lower middle class” place owned by a bunch of out of town lawyers and doctors who cared less about the people who lived there. I stayed because I knew if I left they would higher some shmuck would treat these people like darn. As long as I was doing well for them they let me run the place the way I wanted, and treat the people like they deserved to be treated. Sure there where the drugies, the occasional meth lab, a few shootouts, a revolving parking lot of stolen cars, but mostly it was just decent hardworking folks who did not have a lot of breaks in life. Being treated like darn by their landlord would have been just another blow, and I made enough $ for the owners that I was able to justify spending the money to keep the place as decent as I could for the good folks. I kicked out the bad people and gave the good people a decent place to live. It was like being a sheriff in a wild west town. The guy they hired to take my place after I left was arrested for embezzling 30k and selling drugs out of the office, go figure.

Plus although I never made much $, I was able to save a ton. I did not have to pay rent, electric, gas or cable, just phone and internet. I filled my car up with gas once a month. I was going to school full time at night, so when we were slow (we were really only busy the first and last weeks of the month) I did my school work in the office. The job had its benefits when you were not kicking people on the street, getting shot at or identifying dead bodies that had been in the unit for a week during an Arizona summer. Plus I had my business cards made to say “Slumlord”.

Right on, from your initial post, it seemed like you hated the job from day one.  This sheds some light on why you stayed for so long.  I bet you were able to save an ass-ton by not paying rent and utilities.
pudding is delightful

LaneSwerver

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 10:16:40 PM »
BTW, brewha, I won't even shop at Best Buy. I placed an idea in the "Idea Box" ten years ago, and they never got back to me on it.

EDIT: Here's a funny site for you:  http://www.bestbuysux.org/

Name Changing Queen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2005, 10:24:04 PM »
Matthies that sounds like a terrible job-- even after you explained the silver lining that kept you there.  But here is what I don't understand.  How did you quit, or they replace you, if the place had been burned down?  Did they rebuild it slum-style?
Practice LSATS: 180, 182, 183, 184
Practice GPA: 3.75, 3.81, 4.33

rach33

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 12:34:37 AM »
Ok, I might be competition!I also graduated in December and am just killing time working at The Limited (a women's clothing store in the mall). Seriously, I have to help people all day long who are too clueless to even know how to dress themselves. And 90% of the time they are rude beyond belief. On top of it, all the other people who work with me are just miserable.....agghhhhh!!! Reminds me of one reason why I wanted to go to law school in the 1st place...so I don't spend the rest of my days watching 200 pound women try to squeeze themselves into size 4 pants!!

CPSinvestigator

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Put the F-ing Midget in the basket!!!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 11:32:30 AM »
laneswerver...iam please to announce the engagement of myself and the gay prison dwarf. he said he would try a woman b/c he is sick of being the little prison female dog. i am looking foward to our first conjugal visit...i'll send you the pictures...

LaneSwerver

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 06:06:12 PM »
laneswerver...iam please to announce the engagement of myself and the gay prison dwarf. he said he would try a woman b/c he is sick of being the little prison female dog. i am looking foward to our first conjugal visit...i'll send you the pictures...

Wow. I'm stunned. I thought we (Lil'Prisoner and me) had something special...

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 07:24:34 PM »
I don't want to go into the details, cuz I'm at work now, and thinking about it will just continue to piss me off, but, i feel this about sums up my thoughts.

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Dr. Swanson: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Dr. Swanson: Wow, that's messed up.
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.