Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Texas Law Schools' Bar results  (Read 1679 times)

texas1

Re: Texas Law Schools' Bar results
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 01:23:33 AM »
Now if A & M could just make a law school this would be like a Big 12 South Matchup!

God Bless Texas!

Farm Law. Great. Maybe veterinary malpractice...

Habeus Porpoise

This, although evidently missed by everyone else on this thread, is one of the funniest damn things I've seen in print. Bravo.

Thanks lane...it is a big compliment coming from you

LaneSwerver

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 04:10:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure the TX Legislature just approved the founding of a law school at University of North Texas Denton in Dallas.... Do we really need another one in TX???

Still pending, but looks like a "go"

Yep, it's my boss' bill.  I think it's a good idea on the basis that if you want to go to law school in DFW they're all private.  They want something affordable available in North Texas.

Agreed, but what do you think about the glut of schools in Texas? And why no LS in South Texas, i.e. the Rio Grande Valley? I know there's a shortage of lawyers there, instead of creating a school where two or three others exisit, why not put it where it's needed?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2005, 04:22:44 PM »
That's a really good point on a South Texas school, you'd have to take that up w/ a South Texas rep.  Maybe they don't think there will be enough demand.  I don't know.  There are a lot of law schools in Texas, but they don't seem to be having a problem filling their classes so I think as long as there's demand, why not?  I don't know if I would call it a glut necessarily.  It's a big state with a whole lot of people.  Cali has its fair share of law schools too.  Same w/ New York.  I think it's a big state thing.

Point taken. I know they're sticking med schools and pharmacy schools in the RGV, I'm sure LS will follow soon.

Esq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2005, 10:26:57 PM »
The Texas Legislature just finished without passing legislation to create a new law school at the University of North Texas.

JGB

• AOL Instant Messenger - jgxbyrd
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - byrdjg@sbcglobal.net
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2005, 10:10:25 AM »
Sounds like fun! We could have it at my house...if I ever find one! Someone bought the house I house I wanted>:(. When is that game?

Oct 22nd............. should be a good one, DK Royal is basically the only stadium in Texas I haven't seen a game at, nor have I ever been "of age" to enjoy the Austin nightlife fully, so I'm looking forward to the trip, if I could actually find tickets.

Only problem is Auburn plays @ LSU the same day........so I might have conflicting interests that day...  :-\

Longhorns won't lose to tech...sorry

We shall see, everyone told me last year how Auburn wouldn't go 13-0,  ;)

Who told you that? Auburn was anticipated to go 13-0...
Applying Fall 2006

SMU or Bust