Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: columbia  (Read 3019 times)

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: columbia
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 05:52:19 PM »
All of you late appliers could have seen those WL turn into acceptances ...!

Glad to hear you're applying again, LeCygne. Good luck!

Annoduck: did I ever see you at Berkeley? I think you might be one year younger than me, but it seems we should have crossed paths ...

Quite possibly, but that one year of difference may have done us in...

I graduated May 03, and according to your LSN you graduated May 04.  If we assume we both finished in 4 years (which I did anyway), then I started Fall 99 to your Fall 2000.  I took a couple of Rhetoric Classes in Fall 2000 (20 and 103A) and Spring 2001 (103B).

I took 2 Rhetoric Classes in Fall 2001 (I can't remember which to save my life right now, and I just discovered I've been purged from the Bear Facts system), but then I was abroad all of 2002, and then I only had Spring 03 (when I took 3 rhetoric classes) before I graduated...

So, in the end, we may have simply been like ships in the night...Unless you had Feldman, Weston, and Gutierez Spring 03?  Then we may be on to something...

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 08:33:02 PM »
Quite possibly, but that one year of difference may have done us in...

I graduated May 03, and according to your LSN you graduated May 04.  If we assume we both finished in 4 years (which I did anyway), then I started Fall 99 to your Fall 2000.  I took a couple of Rhetoric Classes in Fall 2000 (20 and 103A) and Spring 2001 (103B).

I took 2 Rhetoric Classes in Fall 2001 (I can't remember which to save my life right now, and I just discovered I've been purged from the Bear Facts system), but then I was abroad all of 2002, and then I only had Spring 03 (when I took 3 rhetoric classes) before I graduated...

So, in the end, we may have simply been like ships in the night...Unless you had Feldman, Weston, and Gutierez Spring 03?  Then we may be on to something...

Yup --- I graduated summer of '04. Most of my rhetoric classes I took during my soph and junior year, but I took Guttierrez in the Fall of 2002. The classes I took were mostly of the political theory/history variety (I did a double w/polisci), so unless we specialized in the same area I can see our paths never crossing.

Oh, I remember Rh 103b ... did it kick your ass as it did mine?  :P

EDIT: you've been kicked off bearfacts? That's strange ... I did have access to mine.

thelawfool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 09:28:41 PM »
will you trade your unused cornell acceptance for nova southeastern, pace, a hofstra WL, cash and a school to be named later...
FIU Class of 2009

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2005, 03:07:20 PM »
EDIT: you've been kicked off bearfacts? That's strange ... I did have access to mine.

I had it all last year (read 1 year after graduation) too--maybe you get to the two year point and then you're toast... I dunno.  All I know is, I'm supposedly not in their data base anymore, and I used the thing last fall to get my prof's transcript info for writing the LORs... So I know it used to work...  My advice: if you know you're going to need something, download or print it within the next year...  ;D

As for 103b, I think I got an A- or something... I got mainly As and A-s in my rhetoric classes actually, except for 2 B+s...Rhet 20 with Kaja Silverman and 167 with Weston...

Kaja's class was tough because every time I wrote something I thought was insightful, they called it superficial. Everytime I wrote something I thought was total BS, they thought it was fabulous... I was so confused...  And Weston was tough because she's Weston--she really makes you think, you know?