Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suffolk Wait List  (Read 6487 times)

bostonlaw

• View Profile
Re: Suffolk Wait List
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 07:01:04 PM »
Suffolk didn't cancel their entire waitlist. What they are doing is cutting it down to a number they feel they may be able to accomodate. There's another thread devoted to just that. I know a few of us on the waitlist haven't gotten any letter yet. Last call to the office stated that they were going to do that...

Anyone else still not gotten a letter and waiting????

amg22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 07:40:38 PM »
I called the office on Tuesday and their response was a little clearer. They have disbanded the waitlist to accomadate a more reasonable number of people. I understood that they are try to square away their numbers and as they hear from people who have been offered acceptance and don't accept they move onto the next person on this new shorter list. So, I am still keeping my fingers crossed and my bags packed.  ???

pame25

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 11:37:45 PM »
I have not gotten any sort of letter from them since they informed me that I was waitlisted.  Anyone have any idea how many people are left on the waitlist?

emw915

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2004, 11:15:05 AM »
I am in the same boat.  On the waitlist, haven't received any sort of letter since I was waitlisted in April.  I'm waiting for a space in the evening division and am getting restless!!!  I'm into New England School of Law and am currently just planning on going there...but if I got into Suffolk, I would go there in an instant.

bostonlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2004, 07:50:31 PM »
emw. I am in the same boat. I'm waiting on the evening program at Suffolk and am also into New England for the evening program. I've read the books suggested all all that. A friend of mine got into Sufoolk Law off the waitlist. He was called in during the first week of classes.

How are you handling the loan situation? They won't transfer funds from one school to another if Suffolk calls. Plus you lose 20% if classes start. Kind of stuck in the middle but I too will run to Suffolk when they call.

emw915

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2004, 10:06:15 AM »
Your friend was accepted in the first week?  Wow.

I am actually just going forward as if I was going to New England School of Law.  I have been approved for my private loans and federal loans and am just going to have to figure everything out if Suffolk accepts me.  I am in the day program for New England School of Law, and just decided that I would rather have everything all set and then deal with the consequences if I get into Suffolk.  The situations does suck though...I'm happy I am still on the waiting list at Suffolk, but would like to have a concrete plan about what I will be doing in the fall. 

What are you doing about loans?

sneekycheeks

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2004, 05:07:40 PM »
I'm VERY pleased to report that with some carefully employed strateegery, I persuaded Suffolk to take me off its wait list and into its full-time Day Division. I received the call from the Dean of Admissions Tuesday afternoon.

I'd like to add that I also spoke with someone in the Financial Aid office who indicated a significant proportion of wait-listed students are being offered Night Division admission.

FWIW - my admission to Suffolk opens a seat at Pace.

darg

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2004, 10:29:18 AM »
Does anyone have any updated information.  Last I heard they were maintaining a small list through the summer but do not anticipate any seats opening.

ga1982

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2004, 10:35:34 AM »
I called yesterday. I managed to get some some info. There is about 100 people left on this short waitlist. They do not anticipate any openings until the first day of classes, which I was told starts Aug 15. Some reason I thought it was earlier. It looks like I packing and going to Albany.  :-\

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2004, 11:49:09 AM »
Congrats to those off the waitlist :)

I am interested in applying to suffolk in September for next year...may I ask what some of your GPA/LSAT were?

~K
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/