Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Suffolk Wait List  (Read 6617 times)

coals

• View Profile
Suffolk Wait List
« on: June 02, 2004, 02:52:41 PM »
Anyone heard from Suffolk's wait list?
Thanks

emw915

• View Profile
Re: Suffolk Wait List
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 02:57:24 PM »
I am waiting to hear too!  Any updates would be very helpful.

clicquot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 03:06:25 PM »
I saw on Law School Numbers that 1 person got accepted off of the wait list yesterday. Hoping that the list was moving, I called Suffolk today. The admissions person told me that they are waiting to accept waitlisted students until the June 7th deposit deadline. Then, the guy said that it could take up to two weeks after the deadline to be called because the Dean must approve all accepted waitlisted students. It sounded kind of odd. I haven't heard anything from Suffolk since they waitlisted me in April.
No one likes a cry baby!

coals

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 04:03:13 PM »
I also called today and they told me the same thing. When I had called in the past, the admissions rep said they would know shortly after the June 1st deadline and now they are saying mid-June.

ga1982

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 10:47:06 AM »
Hello,
I called this week and the only real answer I received is they would have a better idea about the waitlist at the end of this week. Does anybody know if they are going to open the waitlist? ???

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 01:35:12 PM »
At least one spot will be opening. I put down my deposit in April but have since decided not to attend law school.  So probably one person at least will get in from the WL! :)

clicquot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 02:27:44 PM »
This sucks because I got accepted to New England and have to send in a $500 deposit by Monday. I have to send the deposit today to ensure arrival by the deadline. Knowing my luck, Suffolk will call me the day after I send the deposit to New England. I wish that Suffolk would get of their ass and admit some people already!!! Anyone else in a similar situation?
No one likes a cry baby!

emw915

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 02:50:10 PM »
Yes, I am.  I am into New England, and my 2nd deposit of 300$ was due June 1.  It's already in (with my previous 200$).  So it looks like I would lose money if I got into Suffolk.  I'm beginning to just plan as if I am going to New England but it's hard as Suffolk has been my first choice from the beginning.

Rmp1030

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rmp1030
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 03:08:59 PM »
Hi,

I got accepted Tuesday (6/1) after initially being placed on the waitlist. Hopefully this gives you all hope :)

ga1982

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 03:12:58 PM »
I am out about $700 in tuition deposits and dorm at Albany. Suffolk is still my first choice.If I do make it then the loan application process begins AGAIN. I read somewhere that the LSAC had created a database of law school applicants that could identify double depositors. They should reinstitute this database as law school application process is becoming increasingly more competitive. In the meanwhile probably going to check the mail box and be disappointed for yet another day. :(