Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: EXTREME URGENCY !!!!OCT 5, 2002 LSAT  (Read 6607 times)

carlos

Re:EXTREME URGENCY !!!!OCT 5, 2002 LSAT
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2003, 12:10:11 PM »
yeah  Ivy do believe that idot or what? that is if you get into law school which I doubt with a 140

lamfhockey

• View Profile
Re: EXTREME URGENCY !!!!OCT 5, 2002 LSAT
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004, 10:50:08 AM »
Some people just don't test well.  I would suggest for the people with the low scoring applications to send out applications to a whole bunch of schools. A great GPA will offset a horrible LSAT score.  I would also try to explain the low score in a statement without a negative attitude, i.e. highlight your positive aspects instead of blaming LSATS.

I am in a similar situation but in a different score band, I didnt do as well on the LSAT as I did on the practice exams (on the last practice exam I received a 170) and I got a 160. I am trying really hard to get into some Ivys as i have a 3.8 in mechanical engineering (which is an extremely challenging major!!) but Most likely I will not hear anything till april.

Dont ever give up, if you dont get accepted this year find a job maybe as a paralegal and work for some time (waiting 5 years will erase those scores). I don't have the option of waiting because i was granted an educational delay from the Army and I have to take it next year.

I wish you the best of luck~~