Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA Law Dean's Merit Scholarship  (Read 4027 times)

Starr

• View Profile
UCLA Law Dean's Merit Scholarship
« on: May 06, 2005, 11:31:05 AM »
Has anyone heard back on this scholarship or know what the timetable is?

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA Law Dean's Merit Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 11:54:05 AM »
most of the people who have been awarded dean's merit scholarships were accepted close to the beginning of the year or earlier.  i sent the form back sometime in february, and i heard back a few weeks later.  word has it that the committee isn't awarding any more scholarships until they hear back from most of the current offerrees.

Swearengen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 11:38:04 AM »
I called, in anticipation of them re-evaluating (and increasing) my scholarship, and they said that they were over-extended as it was, and they were waiting to see how many scholarships were accepted before increasing any, or offering any new ones. 

I know I received no attention from them until I initially called and asked for a merit scholarship, some weeks ago - so call them and see what they say.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 01:34:31 AM »
I recieved mine around late Feb/early March, I think. When I talked to admissions last month, they were overextended, but were planning to make more offers as people declined their acceptances.

They do want to make more offers, pending the disposition of current offers.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

la-man

• Sr. Citizen
  • I need some gel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 02:37:17 PM »
from what i understand, it will prob take a good 2-3 weeks for all the spots to have been confirmed etc, so it will most likely take about that long to reallocate some of the dinero.
UCLA 1L.

Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »
Thank you!  I was definitely on the late side applying, so just wanted to check.

MRP-- Did you call the Financial Aid Office directly? or did you try call the contact on the Dean Merit Scholarship application?  Thank you!

Swearengen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 04:35:31 PM »
I talked to fin aid initally, and they referred me to admissions.  I then called admissions and talked to Andrea Bergan-Soussman (sp - her name is something like that - for sure with a hyphen).  After talking with her, stuff began to happen.
Thank you!  I was definitely on the late side applying, so just wanted to check.

MRP-- Did you call the Financial Aid Office directly? or did you try call the contact on the Dean Merit Scholarship application?  Thank you!