Law School Discussion

In at Case w/ Phone call (my last and final acceptance)

mxpocc

Re: In at Case w/ Phone call (my last and final acceptance)
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2005, 09:11:32 AM »
counterpoint makes lousy arguments; he started out as a complete ass, then took the i'm-more-pious-than-you high road, and now brags about higher LSAT scores and higher ranking schools.

giving me a taste of my own medicine? i'm glad i'm that influential over you--weak minded piece of trash.

looking back mxpocc, you've got to admit this is hilarious.  :D

it's all e-entertainment, P :) :)

mxpocc

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2005, 09:13:06 AM »
i'm quoting you,"

Been accepted to all the schools I applied to, so that makes me happy.

I know I read somewhere else that someone had been accepted to Case with a phone call from someone there; the guy asked me "I'm looking at your application and just wanted to know where you're at in the law school admissions process"; I told him I had a few acceptances that I'm seriously considering, and how much they offered me. He said he's not sure about scholarship monies, but he'll ask the committee and get back to me--hopefully he'll offer something decent. Not too worried, because Iowa's where I'm set to go now, pretty much...
Anyway, I think Case is pretty lame for doing this hardcore yield protection; he wanted to know if I was still interested in attending before he'd tell me that they "have a spot" for me in the class. What a bunch of ranking whores.

they're not "ranking whores" they need to fill a class & they're considering you...be grateful & considerate.  my catholic upbringing is probably hindering me from really seeing the light here....i'm sorry.

forgive me, again, but my brain stops working when i read things like this...i think that it's just marvelous that you've been accepted to all the schools you've applied to, BUT i also think that while it's convenient for the schools to consider you when they need to, you should also seriously consider your career.

you don't want to start off your career with this type of ambiguity.  don't you want to be certain of your future?  having all these outstanding "things" are in the way aren't they?

i read somewhere that some schools hold students liable for first-year course fees if they commit to acceptance even if they don't attend...i know for sure NYU does--when you accept, your a*s is theres....

can you imagen being in debt forever because you've told every single school that you'll attend & you don't...

people need to sell their homes, make living arrangements, etc....& it all boils down to you...

no guilt...i hope i don't inspire that...heavens no.

happy mother's day everyone!!!

notice the words "pretty much".

don't worry HLC--they'll contact you. I'll be withdrawing this week, if I don't hear from them by tomorrow.

you're funny.  so, "pretty much" means kind of sort of, in a weird kinda way, right? okay???

have you called case to tell them to give your acceptance to hippie yet?

exactly; don't you love ambiguous wording?

i actually e-mailed right now, considering they won't beat another offer i've received.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2005, 09:16:12 AM »
I do have to say that this is more entertaining than the stuff I have to deal with on the music forum I participate in.  One discussion a few weeks ago was "I think you are an a-hole because you love this Grateful Dead side project more than the one I like". 

There was also the "Telling someone to STFU is just wrong".

Both were hilarious. 

I am waiting for "Bongs vs. Pipes: Rolling papers are for jerks"

LOL!

mxpocc

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2005, 12:29:36 PM »
I do have to say that this is more entertaining than the stuff I have to deal with on the music forum I participate in.  One discussion a few weeks ago was "I think you are an meanie because you love this Grateful Dead side project more than the one I like". 

Both were hilarious. 

LOL!

lol--i think our little thread here needs to be moved to the "off topic" discussion board.

start the bongs vs pipes thread--counterpoint and i will get it rolling (harhar) by insulting each other.

Paikea

• One year down, two more to go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2005, 01:56:49 PM »
And MXPOCC - good luck with that stellar aTTTitude.

oh my god, is there some sort of deplorable attitude or mental state that comprises incoming 1L's choosing to attend a 3T school?  darn, I should have chosen the 2T school instead.  But clearly, by choosing a 3T over a 2T, that must mean I do not have a 2T attitude so I most likely would have flunked out my first year.  Maybe I should have chosen a 4T school so that my 3T attitude would have made me a shoo-in for success and the popular crowd.

lmao...what a piece of work.  I already feel sorry for the firm that ends of hiring him. 

Give me a break Paikea, i'm only giving MXPCOC his own medicine.  if you want to go back and check, for example, i've said only nice things about case and only got involved in the first place because the loser Op was being an arrogant prick.

if you don't like fire-with-fire, fine, but enough with all the pontificating.  nobody is insulting you, get over it.

Wow, insinuating that my posts are done dogmatically is quite interesting.  If I were a psychiatrist, I would ascertain that you are projecting...regardless of the fact that my posts have been anything but.

So why don't you explain what a 3T attitude is?  Is it different than a 2T or even a T14?  I'd love to hear it.  I mean, I'm sure you know that when you are in LS, you are going to have to substantiate your arguments.  

It's a non-literal figure of speech.  Grow up.

So you try to insult MXPOCC by stating he has a T3 attitude,  and then, when you cannot think of an explanation for what that meant, you try to cover your @ss by saying it was non-literal figure of speech, topped off by the oh-so-mature "grow up"?  LMAO.

I'll take that as saying you were talking out your @ss and have no explanation what-so-ever.

« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2005, 01:57:50 PM »
wrong given what substantiated evidence? i never said i bought any of your bull--so your point is quite irrelevant, just like your hypothetical LSAT score that's higher than mine

btw, why do you feel the need to brag to me? who am i to you? i guess you have an e-penis complex.

:D 

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2005, 02:11:35 PM »
I just pulled out my acoustic guitar.  Let's all sing a couple choruses of "Kumbaya" while we contemplate the discourse in this thread.

Paikea

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2005, 02:36:07 PM »
If we all started singing Kumbaya, I would probably be forced to pull a "Belushi" and mangle your guitar.   :o

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2005, 05:53:03 PM »
I do have to say that this is more entertaining than the stuff I have to deal with on the music forum I participate in.  One discussion a few weeks ago was "I think you are an meanie because you love this Grateful Dead side project more than the one I like". 

Both were hilarious. 

LOL!

lol--i think our little thread here needs to be moved to the "off topic" discussion board.

start the bongs vs pipes thread--counterpoint and i will get it rolling (harhar) by insulting each other.

Anyone who says rolling papers are for jerks just can't roll a decent cone.  It's an art, and I am an artist.  or at least i was.  *sigh*  outgrew it as a priority.

Paikea

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2005, 06:31:19 PM »
I prefer the grass roots approach...a coke can, some tin foil, an earring stud, and a lighter. And of course, some Bob Marley playing in the background.  ;)