Law School Discussion

In at Case w/ Phone call (my last and final acceptance)

Re: In at Case w/ Phone call (my last and final acceptance)
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2005, 06:41:49 AM »
excuse me....this thread really should be about ME ME ME and my hopes to be accepted at Case, not anyone else and their arguments.  Please go back to discussing the only thing that matters here...

ME!

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Hippie, agreed.  will revert to IM though.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2005, 07:26:14 AM »
 ;D

mxpocc

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2005, 07:29:52 AM »
Itís pathetic how this tool (CounterPoint) hurries to my thread to defend himself whenever someone calls him on his bull; notice how he desperately tries to maintain a just image over the internet lol.

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2005, 07:36:09 AM »
I noticed that you haven't been a slouch in the "hurry up and respond" department either.  In the grand scheme of things, this is the internet.  It's anonymous and people say things they wouldn't in 3D.  I am sure you are both really nice guys so don't waste anymore time or energy on this argument.  Just agree to disagree and get on with your lives (and with discussing me).

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2005, 07:42:24 AM »
Itís pathetic how this tool (CounterPoint) hurries to my thread to defend himself whenever someone calls him on his bull; notice how he desperately tries to maintain a just image over the internet lol.

It's telling that this loser fails to address the substance of my declarations of his loserdom (again, note:  not "arguments") and tries to gloss over them with ad hominem attacks against me, for simply pointing out how pathetic his behavior is.  I like the part where he switches from bragging about his pathetic behavior, to trying to deemphasize it, once he realizes that nobody is all that impressed with his strange measures of self-worth.

Wit may be a fashionable substitute for intelligence, but unfortunately you appear to lack both.  HTH

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2005, 07:46:18 AM »
"Wit may be a fashionable substitute for intelligence, but unfortunately you appear to lack both."

Can I use that?  It was awesome!!! 

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2005, 08:36:23 AM »
i'm quoting you,"

Been accepted to all the schools I applied to, so that makes me happy.

I know I read somewhere else that someone had been accepted to Case with a phone call from someone there; the guy asked me "I'm looking at your application and just wanted to know where you're at in the law school admissions process"; I told him I had a few acceptances that I'm seriously considering, and how much they offered me. He said he's not sure about scholarship monies, but he'll ask the committee and get back to me--hopefully he'll offer something decent. Not too worried, because Iowa's where I'm set to go now, pretty much...
Anyway, I think Case is pretty lame for doing this hardcore yield protection; he wanted to know if I was still interested in attending before he'd tell me that they "have a spot" for me in the class. What a bunch of ranking whores.

they're not "ranking whores" they need to fill a class & they're considering you...be grateful & considerate.  my catholic upbringing is probably hindering me from really seeing the light here....i'm sorry.

forgive me, again, but my brain stops working when i read things like this...i think that it's just marvelous that you've been accepted to all the schools you've applied to, BUT i also think that while it's convenient for the schools to consider you when they need to, you should also seriously consider your career.

you don't want to start off your career with this type of ambiguity.  don't you want to be certain of your future?  having all these outstanding "things" are in the way aren't they?

i read somewhere that some schools hold students liable for first-year course fees if they commit to acceptance even if they don't attend...i know for sure NYU does--when you accept, your a*s is theres....

can you imagen being in debt forever because you've told every single school that you'll attend & you don't...

people need to sell their homes, make living arrangements, etc....& it all boils down to you...

no guilt...i hope i don't inspire that...heavens no.

happy mother's day everyone!!!

notice the words "pretty much".

don't worry HLC--they'll contact you. I'll be withdrawing this week, if I don't hear from them by tomorrow.

you're funny.  so, "pretty much" means kind of sort of, in a weird kinda way, right? okay???

have you called case to tell them to give your acceptance to hippie yet?

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2005, 08:38:38 AM »
wow, i see we've been having fun on this topic....

yeah, that wit comment is definitely quoteable.

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2005, 08:42:34 AM »
counterpoint makes lousy arguments; he started out as a complete ass, then took the i'm-more-pious-than-you high road, and now brags about higher LSAT scores and higher ranking schools.

giving me a taste of my own medicine? i'm glad i'm that influential over you--weak minded piece of trash.

looking back mxpocc, you've got to admit this is hilarious.  :D

mxpocc

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2005, 09:10:50 AM »

It's telling that this loser fails to address the substance of my declarations of his loserdom (again, note:  not "arguments") and tries to gloss over them with ad hominem attacks against me, for simply pointing out how pathetic his behavior is.  I like the part where he switches from bragging about his pathetic behavior, to trying to deemphasize it, once he realizes that nobody is all that impressed with his strange measures of self-worth.

Wit may be a fashionable substitute for intelligence, but unfortunately you appear to lack both.  HTH

you follow suit with more ad hom. attacks. you'll be a follower all your life.  ;D