2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Fox News?

jgruber

Re: Fox News?
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2004, 11:42:35 AM »
All the other major media outlets have been so long slanted left, that when people get fair coverage they think it is right wing propaganda.

I wish we could go back to the old days when news outlets did not pretend to be unbiased.  They took a stand, told everyone they were taking a stand and dared anyone to disagree.  Kinda like the adversarial system of justice. 

If you wanted balance in your news, you read more than one paper.

By the way, I think you're full of it. IMHO The media is not slanted to the left.  IMHO

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2004, 11:46:28 AM »
Giraffes are all males.  I know this because I've seen all the giraffe movies ever produced.

weird.  so how to they 'get it on' and pop out baby giraffes?

jgruber

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »
the cartoonist just draws another one.

Giraffes are all males.  I know this because I've seen all the giraffe movies ever produced.

dsong02

• small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2004, 11:51:43 AM »
the cartoonist just draws another one.

wheres the fun in that?

Jeremy

• I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2004, 12:04:37 PM »
Man where do you guys get the time?  I would love to help you Jeremy, but I simply can't post but once every other day or so.

I know the media is liberal; in fact most history books are even liberal.  But then I have a huge bias, and I lean so far to the right I have probably fallen off the cliff.  Let's put it this way, I believe people are inherently evil (myself included).  Therefore unless talking to people who acknowledge this fact, I take a hard look at their motives before believing them.  It is a relatively simple matter to quote a conservative in support of liberal views (or visaversa).  Facts are very easy to manipulate into a desired viewpoint.

I'm actually sitting at my desk at work having the only semi-intelligent conversation I can.  The people I work with are more concerned about their hair spray and what shoes they're buying next then what's going on in the world.  Maybe I should do something productive...I have a million files staring at me..calling me names...Yeah..I need to get to them now.  My posts will slowly be fading in quantity.

jgruber

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2004, 12:07:33 PM »
Are you saying that hair spray is not important?

Jeremy

• I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2004, 12:19:59 PM »
Are you saying that hair spray is not important?
Well, that depends.  Are we talking about hairspray in relation to a mullet?  If so, then hair spray is not important.

Jeez....I can really smell it now.  Man..that's some strong stuff.  I wonder if they would be mad if I lit a file on fire and threw it into their cubicle?

L1

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2004, 01:41:22 PM »
Today is my day off. I just came back from sun bathing. I'll probably go work out soon. It kills me to think that I'm spending my day off inside on a beautiful day posting, but I do it b/c I actually like posting about interesting stuff.

L1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2004, 01:42:35 PM »
JeffJoe, I know your only kidding. There is such a thing as a female giraffe.

jgruber

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2004, 01:57:07 PM »
What?  Does Disney know about this?