7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 21114 times)

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fox News?
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2004, 01:10:26 PM »
And trust me. The truth always comes out b/c there will always be outlets for both conservatives and liberals as long as both conservatives and liberals exist. So if liberals have stuff to hide, then the conservatives will definitely cover it while the liberals downplay it and vice versa.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2004, 01:14:03 PM »
You dish your posts is what I mean. There is a record of what you have said. I only feel bad that there weren't other ppl chiming in to support your argument. It really would be much better since others may know different things or elaborate on your comments.

jgruber

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2004, 01:14:11 PM »
I'm sorry.....what did I "dish"?

You seem to be avoiding the point.  You're argument that someone's criticism of Bush is invalid because they hate Bush, which may or may not be true, does not address the criticism itself.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2004, 01:17:53 PM »
I'm not avoiding the point.  That was part of his arguement.  That I can dish it but can't take it. That was in response to my post when he blatently questioned my intelligence.

Critic Bush all you want...I don't care.  At not point have I made the arguement "that someone's criticism of Bush is invalid because they hate Bush, which may or may not be true."
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2004, 01:22:20 PM »
What does you ability to dish or take it have to do with the criticism of Bush?

I think you're still avoiding the points against Bush.

You don't seem to want to accept widely documented facts like the government investigating anti-american activity.

It looks like you retreated to an emotional response of accusing others of attacking you rather than deal with the points raised.

I'm not avoiding the point.  That was part of his arguement.  That I can dish it but can't take it. That was in response to my post when he blatently questioned my intelligence.

Critic Bush all you want...I don't care.  At not point have I made the arguement "that someone's criticism of Bush is invalid because they hate Bush, which may or may not be true."

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2004, 01:23:02 PM »
First off, I'm a 20-yr-old girl, not a man. Of course, you didn't know that so no offense taken. Secondly, I didn't question your intelligence. I just wrote that I hope that you could trust an encyclopedia for accuracy and fairness. I'm not sure what studies have been done about the political background of their editors or whatnot, but I can't assume that you'll accept the source given.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2004, 01:29:21 PM »
You're right...I had no idea.  I assumed you were male and I would be wrong for doing so.  Sorry.
I took your comments to be sarcastic in meaning..and I still do.  I tend to be sarcastic at times, so I believe that I have the innate ability to determine and sniff out sarcasm.  I've always viewed encycolopedias to be a non-partisan source of information.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2004, 01:37:02 PM »
Giraffes are all males.  I know this because I've seen all the giraffe movies ever produced.

Encyclopedia?  I think they are as subject to slanted views as any other information source.  It all depends on the editors and publishers.  Which do you use?  Online or paper?

sarmstrong806

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2004, 01:39:04 PM »
All the other major media outlets have been so long slanted left, that when people get fair coverage they think it is right wing propaganda.

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2004, 01:42:18 PM »
Man where do you guys get the time?  I would love to help you Jeremy, but I simply can't post but once every other day or so.

I know the media is liberal; in fact most history books are even liberal.  But then I have a huge bias, and I lean so far to the right I have probably fallen off the cliff.  Let's put it this way, I believe people are inherently evil (myself included).  Therefore unless talking to people who acknowledge this fact, I take a hard look at their motives before believing them.  It is a relatively simple matter to quote a conservative in support of liberal views (or visaversa).  Facts are very easy to manipulate into a desired viewpoint.