7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 21006 times)

jgruber

Re: Fox News?
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2004, 01:42:35 PM »
All the other major media outlets have been so long slanted left, that when people get fair coverage they think it is right wing propaganda.

I wish we could go back to the old days when news outlets did not pretend to be unbiased.  They took a stand, told everyone they were taking a stand and dared anyone to disagree.  Kinda like the adversarial system of justice. 

If you wanted balance in your news, you read more than one paper.

By the way, I think you're full of it. IMHO The media is not slanted to the left.  IMHO

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2004, 01:46:28 PM »
Giraffes are all males.  I know this because I've seen all the giraffe movies ever produced.

weird.  so how to they 'get it on' and pop out baby giraffes?
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

jgruber

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »
the cartoonist just draws another one.

Giraffes are all males.  I know this because I've seen all the giraffe movies ever produced.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2004, 01:51:43 PM »
the cartoonist just draws another one.

wheres the fun in that?
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2004, 02:04:37 PM »
Man where do you guys get the time?  I would love to help you Jeremy, but I simply can't post but once every other day or so.

I know the media is liberal; in fact most history books are even liberal.  But then I have a huge bias, and I lean so far to the right I have probably fallen off the cliff.  Let's put it this way, I believe people are inherently evil (myself included).  Therefore unless talking to people who acknowledge this fact, I take a hard look at their motives before believing them.  It is a relatively simple matter to quote a conservative in support of liberal views (or visaversa).  Facts are very easy to manipulate into a desired viewpoint.

I'm actually sitting at my desk at work having the only semi-intelligent conversation I can.  The people I work with are more concerned about their hair spray and what shoes they're buying next then what's going on in the world.  Maybe I should do something productive...I have a million files staring at me..calling me names...Yeah..I need to get to them now.  My posts will slowly be fading in quantity.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2004, 02:07:33 PM »
Are you saying that hair spray is not important?

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2004, 02:19:59 PM »
Are you saying that hair spray is not important?
Well, that depends.  Are we talking about hairspray in relation to a mullet?  If so, then hair spray is not important.

Jeez....I can really smell it now.  Man..that's some strong stuff.  I wonder if they would be mad if I lit a file on fire and threw it into their cubicle?
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2004, 03:41:22 PM »
Today is my day off. I just came back from sun bathing. I'll probably go work out soon. It kills me to think that I'm spending my day off inside on a beautiful day posting, but I do it b/c I actually like posting about interesting stuff.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2004, 03:42:35 PM »
JeffJoe, I know your only kidding. There is such a thing as a female giraffe.

jgruber

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2004, 03:57:07 PM »
What?  Does Disney know about this?