7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 20842 times)

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
Re: Fox News?
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2004, 12:42:30 PM »
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2004, 12:46:07 PM »
Here's your connection b/w Iraq and Al Qaeda.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/152lndzv.asp

And I can give you ten links to say there is not.  If there is a link why does dubya avoid the topic?

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2004, 12:46:56 PM »
Jeremy, the first site is an encyclopedia. I hope that this is trustworthy enough for you. Most of the good stuff is in books but they're usually in Spanish and would do you little good. The next site is from George Washington Univ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Condor
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010306/

jgruber

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2004, 12:48:10 PM »
That may be true, Jer, but the newsroom bias doesn't always go into effect.  Most people would consider NPR a liberal network, but it turns out that on their political stories, they have bias of over 60% conservative sources.  Biases go both ways.

that 'news' is from drudge who brags about his far right stance.  not exactly balanced.

jgruber

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2004, 12:49:52 PM »
Read your history books.  The US government has been investigating and incarcerating citizens for 'anti-American' speech and action since World War I.

I just don't buy it.  I don't believe that the CIA would be tracking down people simply because they were "anti-american".  What is your source?

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2004, 12:57:34 PM »
WOW...what's all this "lets attack Jeremy" crap?!!?  Don't for one second underestimate my intelligence or think that I'm so naive as to believe the crap you've been putting out on this thread.  You can take your liberal, left winged, "I hate Bush", "conservatives are a bunch of morons" and shove it.  At no point have I questioned your intellect in the manner that you (Giraffe) have mine.  Yes, encyclopedias are a viable source of information, so the next time you're sitting on the pot squeezing one off while you read A-Z, see if you can find "cocky" in it.  I'm betting it reads as follows:  Cocky - adj. cock·i·er, cock·i·est ;overly self-confident or self-assertive, one might be referred to as "Giraffe205".
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2004, 01:05:12 PM »
I'm sorry that you feel you are being attacked.  I didn't think I was questioning your intelligence.  I was merely testing your suppositions in the same way I would expect anyone to test mine.

There is a history of the government investigating and punishing unAmerican speech and activity.  The Alien and Sedition Act was the first example.  The House Committee on UnAmerican Activities is another.  Notice though that there is no official or legal definition of unAmerican activities.

WOW...what's all this "lets attack Jeremy" crap?!!?  Don't for one second underestimate my intelligence or think that I'm so naive as to believe the crap you've been putting out on this thread.  You can take your liberal, left winged, "I hate Bush", "conservatives are a bunch of morons" and shove it.  At no point have I questioned your intellect in the manner that you (Giraffe) have mine.  Yes, encyclopedias are a viable source of information, so the next time you're sitting on the pot squeezing one off while you read A-Z, see if you can find "cocky" in it.  I'm betting it reads as follows:  Cocky - adj. cock·i·er, cock·i·est ;overly self-confident or self-assertive, one might be referred to as "Giraffe205".

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2004, 01:06:25 PM »
At least if I can dish it, I can take it. And Jeremy you're quite wrong. I don't hate Bush. I dislike any admin. that tries to go to war under false pre-texes, ie. Kennedy, LBJ, it could go on. The point is that you can't dwell on things like this or else you'll be angry your whole life. It does little good. W/ that in mind, it serves as a useful purpose to know one's history and learn your lessons from this. I think that it's important to hold admin's accountable for their actions. You have to take the good w/ the bad. Sure Clinton did horrible things too, but he mainly moved our country in the right direction. If it is overwhelming bad for our country, then vote them out.

The problem is that most of the time the public does not really know what's going on. The truth only comes out later after *&^% hits the fan. Look at the case of the Iranian man (I don't know his name) who is possibly linked to Iranian intelligence and gave us all our "irrefutable, 100% accurate intelligence about Iraq (it's the same used in Powell's UN speech). It pretty much looks like the US did Iran one big favor by getting rid of Saddam for them. Who knows, when more info comes out perhaps we can modify our views to reflect new evidence.

jgruber

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2004, 01:09:01 PM »
I have to add my two cents.  Too often criticism of Bush are dismissed in two ways.

1) You just hate Bush. 

2) Well, the Democrats did it, too.

Neither one addresses the issues.  Do not confuse my questions about the Bush boys with agreement with the Democrats.  I agree with giraffe.  Violence, especialy war, should not be undertaken lightly or with questionable purposes, regardless of the political party or country.

At least if I can dish it, I can take it. And Jeremy you're quite wrong. I don't hate Bush. I dislike any admin. that tries to go to war under false pre-texes, ie. Kennedy, LBJ, it could go on. The point is that you can't dwell on things like this or else you'll be angry your whole life. It does little good. It's great to know one's history and learn your lessons from this. I think that it's important to hold admin's accountable for their actions. You have to take the good w/ the bad. Sure Clinton did horrible things too, but he mainly moved our country in the right direction. If it is overwhelming bad for our country, then vote them out.

The problem is that most of the time the public does not really know what's going on. The truth only comes out later after *&^% hits the fan. Look at the case of the Iranian man (I don't know his name) who is possibly linked to Iranian intelligence and gave us all our "irrefutable, 100% accurate intelligence about Iraq (it's the same used in Powell's UN speech). It pretty much looks like the US did Iran one big favor by getting rid of Saddam for them. Who knows, when more info comes out perhaps we can modify our views to reflect new evidence.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2004, 01:09:53 PM »
I'm sorry.....what did I "dish"?