7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 21070 times)

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
Re: Fox News?
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2004, 12:19:45 PM »
Then Donald Rumsfeld should be removed.  If he knew that Saddaam killed thousands and yet shook his hand, in essence saying he had no problem with it, then he should be removed from power.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2004, 12:20:04 PM »
Nice pic!
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

M2

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2004, 12:20:35 PM »
Does "Fox News" seem like an oxymoron to anyone else?

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2004, 12:21:17 PM »
China is one of the best cases. The US has normal trading relations w/ a communist regime which has threatened Taiwan and Japan on numerous occassions. China's human rights record is appalling. The CCP has probably indirectly killed more Chinese w/ their policies of a one-child, jail punishments for opium, hard labor punishments, and failed plans like the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution.

I actually think that the US is sometimes too tough w/ China, esp. when it comes to trade. However, China could seriously attack Taiwan if Chen Shui Bien keeps provoking them, in which case, the US has promised to protect Taiwan.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2004, 12:25:18 PM »
To get more on the topic of this thread, check out the latest Drudge headline:
"Newsroom conservatives are a rare breed:
In national news outlets, only 7 percent of journalists call themselves conservative. Does that deepen a trust gap?"
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0603/p02s01-usgn.html

The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2004, 12:25:38 PM »
giraffe2005---where do you get this crazy information........... BOOKS?!?

j/k....good point!!!!!!!!   ;)
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

Sosua

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2004, 12:27:56 PM »
That may be true, Jer, but the newsroom bias doesn't always go into effect.  Most people would consider NPR a liberal network, but it turns out that on their political stories, they have bias of over 60% conservative sources.  Biases go both ways.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2004, 12:29:52 PM »
I'm sure there are techniques used in Latin American countries..but what does that have to do with "5,000" people that the CIA told Saddaam to kill?

Jeremy, it's the same technique. The CIA in Operation Condor gathered the list of names for the Latin American countries and passed it on. Even though person X would be wanted in Argentina since his brother's wife's uncle was a suspected liberal or anti-American, person X could be detained in Chile, Brasil, Bolivia, you name it, without having commited a single crime. Sure the Latin American gov'ts were trying to track these ppl, but really it was the CIA who did most of the work.

The same is going on today in Iraq, Aghanistan, and Pakistan. Most of the ppl detained are detained just because they breathed.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2004, 12:36:36 PM »
btw, Operation Northwoods was signed off by Sec. of Defense McNamara, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Lemnitzer, and Pres Kennedy. Kennedy later went soft and backed out and preferred the Bay of Pigs approach instead.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2004, 12:36:49 PM »
I just don't buy it.  I don't believe that the CIA would be tracking down people simply because they were "anti-american".  What is your source?