7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 21745 times)

jgruber

Re: Fox News?
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2004, 11:58:25 AM »
The fact is that even after we knew that Saddam killed his own people with WMD (gas) we continued to support him.  Why didn't we stand up to him then?  Why did Rumsfeld visit Iraq and shake Saddam's hand with the innocent blood of Iraqi's dripping from his grip?

Dubya is still supporting dictators and terrorists, so we haven't learned our lesson.  We are joined at the hip to Pakistan even though they are still on the governments list of countries that support terrorism.  We are working with Syria.  I would guess that money has flowed to them to get their support in the 'war on terror'. 

Stand up to Saddam.  Damn right we should, but not by getting into bed with other terrorists countries.  That just ensures that the battle will go on endlessly.

Dictatorships are wrong in all cases and we should not ally ourselves with them for any reason.  If history has taught us anything it teaches us that picking one devil over the other still sends you to hell.

I am not connecting Saddaam with 9/11.  I never posted anything even close to doing so.  Are you saying since past presidents and administration help fund some dictators, that George Bush is to continue doing the same thing and NOT deal with Saddaam?  How many chances should Saddaam have received before someone finally stood up to him?  I wouldn't trust anything the New York Times wrote..especially since their lead editor came out and admited to reporting a ton of news without ever substantiating the sources.  They are just another National Enquirer to me.  You're right on one thing..the US government may not be 100% fresh and clean..in comparison to Iraq.  I'm sure some things have gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about...but that's just it.  We don't know about them.  Our troops DID find the mass graves of hundres of thousands of people that Saddaam killed.  We have proven that.  Can it be proven that the CIA told Saddaam to kill 5,000 people?  Hardly. 
If everyone wants to stick to fact....let's stick to fact.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2004, 12:04:13 PM »
Who continued to support him after we knew that he killed thousands?  US?  Don't think so.
It's true that when you pick the lesser of two evils, you're still picking evil....but you're talking about past administrations.  I'm talking about the current president..George W. Bush.  Look...Rumsfeld definitely has issues and should probably not be in power, but lets stick to the issue at hand. 
We are forced to abide with Pakistan and their little man of a leader because of Osucky Bin Ladin.  He's in Pakistan and in order for us to ever dream of capturing him, we have to abide by Pakistans law.  They don't pose an imminent threat to us, so what lesson have we not learned?
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2004, 12:05:31 PM »
So, Jeremy...what news sources do you trust?  Or maybe you follow the lead of your conservative leader who says he doesn't like to read newspapers...they are too biased.  He gets his information for his advisors.  (I am sure his advisors aren't biased!   :D)  Poor Diane Sawyer had to keep a straight face when he said this in an interview. 

All anyone can do is read as many sources of information as they can and extrapolate what is happening in the world.  There are hundreds of books and articles on the CIAs subversive techniques in Latin American countries.
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

jgruber

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2004, 12:07:11 PM »
Check your facts.  We knew about the killing of the Kurds and we still supported him.

No, I'm talking about the current administration.  We are in bed with several terrorist nations. 

Who continued to support him after we knew that he killed thousands?  US?  Don't think so.
It's true that when you pick the lesser of two evils, you're still picking evil....but you're talking about past administrations.  I'm talking about the current president..George W. Bush.  Look...Rumsfeld definitely has issues and should probably not be in power, but lets stick to the issue at hand. 
We are forced to abide with Pakistan and their little man of a leader because of Osucky Bin Ladin.  He's in Pakistan and in order for us to ever dream of capturing him, we have to abide by Pakistans law.  They don't pose an imminent threat to us, so what lesson have we not learned?

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2004, 12:07:19 PM »
I'm really surprised that out of all the countries listed that could cause problems with the US, no one mentioned Saudi Arabia.  If we were going to go in and attack a country - why not that one?  Many of the 9/11 terrorists were from... Saudi Arabia.  Yes, Saddam gassed his own people, but guess what - Saudi Arabia lets their women and female children be treated terribly and no one says anything and that is 50% of the population about - not the small number that Saddam gassed.  When you look at Al Qaeda, many of the members are Saudi.  When you here about terrorist attacks, they are happening in Saudi.

jgruber

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2004, 12:10:49 PM »
Hmmm .   Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia and used his family wealth to finance terror.  Hmmmmmm.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2004, 12:12:23 PM »
Jeremy, you have NO IDEA how much the US Gov't tries to cover up. Please read the book Body of Secrets by Bamford. In it, it describes countless plots by the US Gov't, better said Pentagon. Operation Northwoods during the Kennedy Admin. was a whole plot to gather support to overthrow Castro. It called for the sinking of friendly Cuban refugee ships, bombings in Miami and DC, blowing up the space ship of John Glenn, civil plane hijackings by Cubans,and even getting a group of college students bound for Jamaica on Spring Break to charter a plane from a CIA aviation company (of course that is held secret). The plane however is a drone that flies over Cuba and sends out a pre-recorded message that says the plane is under attack from Cuban MiGs and then explodes in mid air. This transmission would be recovered by the Int'l Civil Aviation Org'z in the Western Hemisphere so that they can tell the press and the US Gov't what happened to the plane.

All of this was supposed to strike up public support to go to war w/ Cuba.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2004, 12:12:58 PM »
I'm sure there are techniques used in Latin American countries..but what does that have to do with "5,000" people that the CIA told Saddaam to kill?

I get my news from trust worthy news organizations...liberal and conservative alike.  Then I make my best judgement call based on factual reprentations of truth.

Diane Sawyer is a puppet for the liberal attack machine, so she can laugh all she wants and be demeaning, disrepectful and belittling to the President to the United States.  That's her deal.  I'm sure she was just grinning from ear to ear when Bill Clinton asked what the definition of "is" is.  Right. 
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2004, 12:16:45 PM »
So, Jeremy...what news sources do you trust?  Or maybe you follow the lead of your conservative leader who says he doesn't like to read newspapers...they are too biased.  He gets his information for his advisors.  (I am sure his advisors aren't biased!   :D)  Poor Diane Sawyer had to keep a straight face when he said this in an interview.

That's hillarious!

Sosua

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2004, 12:17:18 PM »

You're ignoring the time that Saddam REALLY used his WMDs.  They were used maybe once or twice against rebellions afterwards, but he let loose the dogs of war in the Iraq/Iran war.  Hundreds of thousands of Iranians were killed or maimed by his chemical weapons.  What did we do? 

Rumsfeld shook his hand and we gave him our super weather sattelite data so he would know when to use them for maximum effect.  Our hands are not clean in the Iraq WMD situation.