7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 20679 times)

Lipper316

Re: Fox News?
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2004, 02:29:57 PM »

nathanielmark

« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2004, 02:35:36 PM »
thats right on the money.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2004, 02:51:39 PM »
All I can say is:

http://www.radgeek.com/gt/2001/03/22/tom_tomorrow.html

As much as I like O'Reilly, he does have a huge ego....kudos.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »
Is it just me or does it make everyone sick when 'journalist' interview each other as if they were the news makers?

nathanielmark

« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2004, 11:20:49 PM »
i guess, at least on this board, people are more aware of reality then i thought.  i was of the impression that most people did believe fox news was evenhanded news coverage.  which it is clearly not.

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2004, 11:43:53 AM »
Two days later, man I had to go back two pages to find my post.  Would someone please look at the voting records of journalists of all sorts?  I have heard they vote Dem for the most part, if this is true them my comment about motives (again you'll have to go back two pages) takes on great significance.

jgruber

« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2004, 02:25:18 PM »
You're saying the voting record of journalists is an indication of the news slant?

Who sets the tone, gives the news direction and fires and hires these journalists?

And when you do work for your boss, who's views do you keep in mind before delivering a product, his or yours?

Using the voting pattern of journalists to determine the slant just won't work.  There are too many other factors.  It's just not that simple.

Two days later, man I had to go back two pages to find my post.  Would someone please look at the voting records of journalists of all sorts?  I have heard they vote Dem for the most part, if this is true them my comment about motives (again you'll have to go back two pages) takes on great significance.

Lipper316

« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2004, 03:24:02 PM »
I think its pretty much done. Fox News is crap. To get real news without bias, visit the london guardian website.

jgruber

« Reply #118 on: June 05, 2004, 10:28:34 PM »
I think its pretty much done. Fox News is crap. To get real news without bias, visit the london guardian website.

the Guardian really deals it out.

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2004, 12:51:44 AM »
Motives man, if you vote Dem are you going to go out hunting for a story making Republicans look good?  How much effort will you really put into locating that obscure source that will make the guy you plan on voting for lose points in the polls?  When I questioned motives, I questioned all motives, including the owners' motives.  What owner wants even half of his journalists seriously peeved at them?  They want to make money and if doing so means they can only slightly control the stories they print then they say so be it.  The first time they try to editorialize a piece into their perferred slant they'll have freedom of the press lawsuits and publicity up to the eyeballs.  Lawsuits cost money, we are all potential lawyers we know this.  Oh wait this board is about Fox News being too conservative...