7 (10.6%)
An instrument of the Right Wing designed to blind the masses
 41 (62.1%)
slightly liberal
 2 (3%)
Tries to be fair, but has a slightly conservative slant
 16 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: Fox News?  (Read 20997 times)

nick538

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fox News?
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2004, 11:04:52 AM »
It's funny. There was never any complaint from liberals about "biased" news until Fox started killing CNN and the networks in ratings. Ratings are powered by the people and the ratings indicate that viewers enjoy Fox's news presentations. Sure, Bill O'Reilly is a pompous windbag but he's honest and fun to watch. It's also fun to watch Alan Colmes get abused by Sean Hannity. And the Fox women? My God, how I love Jane Skinner! Fox, by the way, is a subsidary of News Corp. which is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the lone conservative owner in Hollywood. Here are the other owners:

CNN: Owned by Time-Warner, fairly liberal. Founded by Ted Turner, wacko-pinko commie liberal.

MSNBC: Joint venture between Microsoft and GE. Will not rock the boat. Too many customers and shareholders to answer to.

ABC: Owned by Disney, which by the very nature of it's family programming history and family themed parks is a fairly conservative outfit. Of course, most people aren't aware that Disney owns ABC and so the network provides a liberal slant. It's also dead last in the ratings. Go figure.

NBC: Owned by General Electric. In terms of evening programming and profitability, this is the best. It's news ogranization however, is left alone and provides a moderate to liberal viewpoint. The news operation is the retarded stepchild of the programming division. In terms of the Big 3 networks, NBC is the best.

CBS: The original network is okay with it's news operation, fairly liberal. The TV division, after years of slugglish operations, has turned a corner. Owned by Viacom, owner of Paramount, Blockbuster, and Infinity Broadcasting, among others. This is the company that brings you MTV, VH-1, and Howard Stern. Does have Letterman. Middle of the pack.

Fox news is clearly the most efficient and well-run network in America. It provides a slightly conservative viewpoint but DOES allow liberal voices to have a say. Some, like Colmes, are minor celebrities.

FOX NEWS: AMERICA'S NEWS NETWORK OF CHOICE!

GOD BLESS JANE SKINNER AND LAURIE DHUE!

jgruber

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2004, 11:24:48 AM »
People have been complaining about the bias on CNN for years, although it would appear it did not reach your ears.

Time-Warner liberal?  I'd love to see your definition of liberal.

It's funny. There was never any complaint from liberals about "biased" news until Fox started killing CNN and the networks in ratings. Ratings are powered by the people and the ratings indicate that viewers enjoy Fox's news presentations. Sure, Bill O'Reilly is a pompous windbag but he's honest and fun to watch. It's also fun to watch Alan Colmes get abused by Sean Hannity. And the Fox women? My God, how I love Jane Skinner! Fox, by the way, is a subsidary of News Corp. which is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the lone conservative owner in Hollywood. Here are the other owners:

CNN: Owned by Time-Warner, fairly liberal. Founded by Ted Turner, wacko-pinko commie liberal.

MSNBC: Joint venture between Microsoft and GE. Will not rock the boat. Too many customers and shareholders to answer to.

ABC: Owned by Disney, which by the very nature of it's family programming history and family themed parks is a fairly conservative outfit. Of course, most people aren't aware that Disney owns ABC and so the network provides a liberal slant. It's also dead last in the ratings. Go figure.

NBC: Owned by General Electric. In terms of evening programming and profitability, this is the best. It's news ogranization however, is left alone and provides a moderate to liberal viewpoint. The news operation is the retarded stepchild of the programming division. In terms of the Big 3 networks, NBC is the best.

CBS: The original network is okay with it's news operation, fairly liberal. The TV division, after years of slugglish operations, has turned a corner. Owned by Viacom, owner of Paramount, Blockbuster, and Infinity Broadcasting, among others. This is the company that brings you MTV, VH-1, and Howard Stern. Does have Letterman. Middle of the pack.

Fox news is clearly the most efficient and well-run network in America. It provides a slightly conservative viewpoint but DOES allow liberal voices to have a say. Some, like Colmes, are minor celebrities.

FOX NEWS: AMERICA'S NEWS NETWORK OF CHOICE!

GOD BLESS JANE SKINNER AND LAURIE DHUE!

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2004, 11:44:04 AM »
You LOVE Fox News?  Yikes.  They take the same approach to news as they do to football.

I have to say, without being at all sarchastic...I am impressed that you think Fox is slightly conservative.  Because, as a liberal, I find it insanely right.  I mean no insults here.  The political spectrum is an amazing thing.  I think its way too conservative and it sounds like you don't find it conservative enough.  Although, w/ regard to the point about Fox having liberals...I think 9 times out of 10, they just bring liberals on to yell at them and beat on them. 

One point for conservatives: you don't have to YELL to be heard.
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

Sosua

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2004, 12:07:20 PM »
Sure, Bill O'Reilly is a pompous windbag but he's honest and fun to watch.

LOL.  Look into the Bill O'Reilly Peabody/Polk award mess if you want to see how far his honesty goes.

Colmes isn't liberal.  He's a moderate, and a wussy one at that.

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2004, 12:30:27 PM »
Sure, Bill O'Reilly is a pompous windbag but he's honest and fun to watch.

LOL.  Look into the Bill O'Reilly Peabody/Polk award mess if you want to see how far his honesty goes.

Colmes isn't liberal.  He's a moderate, and a wussy one at that.

I've looked into it.  It was a slip of the tongue if anything.  Just like a lliberal (referring to Al "I'm a tool" Frankin) to blow something so minute out of proportion.
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

Sosua

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2004, 12:45:08 PM »
A slip of the tongue in more than 3 separate occasions, all verified by Lexis-Nexis?

*edit*

Besides, he wasn't even with Inside Edition (or whatever show it was) when it won.  He had left a year before then.  So he didn't even win the Polk.  He wasn't on the show then.

Lipper316

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2004, 01:19:29 PM »
Somewhat related to this discussion, I like Al Franken's analogy of conservatives and liberals love for America.

Conservatives love America how babies love their mommy and daddy. Mommy and Daddy do no wrong. They are always right. If they do something, surely they know best.

Liberals love America how adults love their parents. Deep-down they love their parents, however they take into account opposing views. Sometimes they know their parents are wrong.

Lipper316

« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »
It seriously blows my mind how intelligent, logical people defend our preseident. He blatanly lied about WMD in Iraq, about ties to bin laden. and now its all about freeing the Iraqi people. Now he blames intelligence failures.

Some other wonderful things our president has done:

1) introduced a bill that would not tax dividends earned on stocks. Wow, how do rich people earn their money. Oh thats right, they invest their millions and live on the earnings. So basically, no taxes for the rich.

2) bi-partisan campaign reform. basically wanted to change where parties can get their funds during an election. This would allow only the richest of the rich be able to sustain a competative campaign. Oh wait, thats you George Bush.

jgruber

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2004, 01:31:47 PM »
Oh, but today he announced he is willing to help the investigation into the leak of the identity of the CIA agent.

Imagine.  The prhesident of the US is willing to do his legal duty and responsibility of cooperating with a criminal investigation.  Isn't just wonderful?

It seriously blows my mind how intelligent, logical people defend our preseident. He blatanly lied about WMD in Iraq, about ties to bin laden. and now its all about freeing the Iraqi people. Now he blames intelligence failures.

Some other wonderful things our president has done:

1) introduced a bill that would not tax dividends earned on stocks. Wow, how do rich people earn their money. Oh thats right, they invest their millions and live on the earnings. So basically, no taxes for the rich.

2) bi-partisan campaign reform. basically wanted to change where parties can get their funds during an election. This would allow only the richest of the rich be able to sustain a competative campaign. Oh wait, thats you George Bush.

bobfett33

« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2004, 01:45:45 PM »