Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Photos  (Read 823 times)

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
GULC Photos
« on: May 05, 2005, 05:10:47 PM »
I took some pictures while at GULC's Open House in January.  I've posted them to a website:

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=147717&ck=

Once at the main page, select "Photo Albums" then select the Georgetown link.  There should be 36 more photos with captions.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

squirrel

• View Profile
Re: GULC Photos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 02:09:09 AM »
great pictures, thanks for posting them!

when did you visit in january? i was there the first week of january right after the new year, and it was in the 60's, very warm. now, seeing all the snow in your pictures, i'm starting to realize how much i'll miss the mild westcoast winter next year 8)

it's also weird seeing all these people in your photos since when i visited, the campus was a ghost town, and i toured all the same places as the ones in your pictures, except that i was the ONLY person there, kind of freaky.
we're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 10:02:26 AM »
You're welcome, Squirrel

I attended the Open House on Jan. 27-28.  I also visited the school last year in late June and it was a ghost town then.  I wanted to speak with someone in admissions but even they weren't there that day so I spoke with the receptionist (very nice and helpful) and a facilities guy who was super enthusiastic about GULC.  Besides them, I think I saw three other people wandering the halls.  Between the two visits, the atmosphere felt vastly different but I had the same positive feeling both times.

You are right about cold winters.  I grew up on the west coast where there is only one eternal season of pleasant.  But I like the true winter.  It's fine as long as one is dressed properly.  It is the summer that kills me.  Heat and humidity and there are only so many articles of clothing one can remove before being arrested.
Class of 2008

ethelmag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 12:30:07 PM »
Shouldn't there have been professors in their offices, and research assistants in the library, even in the middle of summer? That seems weird.

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 03:47:55 PM »
Shouldn't there have been professors in their offices, and research assistants in the library, even in the middle of summer? That seems weird.

I didn't mean to give a wrong impression.  There were more people than that on campus.  In McDonough Hall, there were very few people wandering around whom I could approach to ask questions.  I don't know about professors because I didn't wander into the depths of the second floor.  I couldn't get into Gewirz.  The new additions weren't open yet.  In the library there were a handful of people in the reading room and in carrels amongst the stacks.  These people seemed busy so I didn't want to disturb them.
Class of 2008