Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: who's going to chapman??  (Read 1116 times)

sfgirl15

• View Profile
who's going to chapman??
« on: May 05, 2005, 12:36:04 PM »
and are there places to live within walking distance??

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: who's going to chapman??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:46:07 PM »
I am not going to Chapman but I live close and know a couple of people who went there.  There are many little houses for rent right next to the school.  I not sure what she paid though.  hth

missalex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 02:08:55 PM »
Hey hey!
I am most likely going to Chapman since i got waitlisted at Pepperdine and USD...although Santa Clara is still a possibility!  I have been looking for places mainly on Craigslist...what about you?

sfgirl15

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 07:04:28 PM »
yeah i'm waitlisted at usd, too!!  and usf.  but if neither of those work, then chapman it is...i hope it won't be a disappointment.

i've checked on craigslist, but i haven't found much.  i've also been looking on apartmentguide.com and rent.com.  i've heard it's expensive, but i didn't think it'd be that expensive.  it's almost as much as having a place in san francisco.  :-\

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 07:57:57 PM »
Hey, I live in So Cal and am currently waitlisted at Chapman.  As of now, I am heading to San Fran.  Maybe I could give you a few ideas on where to live in OC if you could give me some suggestions about areas/places in SF?  E-mail me if you'd like.

DodgerLaw

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 09:07:46 PM »
Orange County can be expensive, but going to Chapman offers many alternatives in housing. Chapman is within easy driving distance of housing for many budgets. Also, although SoCal is certainly not known for public transportation, the MetroLink stop is only about three short blocks from Chapman, so that opens up the areas near other MetroLink stops.

fninpink

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 03:03:06 AM »
I live in the OC and am considering Chapman.  Currently I live in Irvine.  I would suggest at looking at adds in the OC Register.

lolita05

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 10:03:57 AM »
Hey!

I will be attending Chaps this fall and found my place on www.rental-living.com

These are all of the Irvine Company apartment community properties. They are not "cheap," but definitely well-kept and convenient -- they make it easier especially if you're moving to Orange County from afar.

Good luck hunting!

sfgirl15

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 12:47:18 PM »
thanks for all the help and suggestions!

i guess after hearing about metrolink (thanks dodgerlaw), living in cities around orange won't be so bad either.  are there any particular cities i should NOT live in??

lolita05

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 02:25:28 PM »
I encourage those of you attending Chapman in the fall to join the Yahoo! "Chapman Law, Class of 2008" group.

This would be an easy way to get to know each other a little before orientation begins. I've uploaded the housing search links that have been mentioned here so far and you're free to add more links, put things on the calendar, start polls, etc.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chapmanlaw08/join

Cheers--