Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Official "My Last Day of Work" Thread  (Read 14627 times)

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Official "My Last Day of Work" Thread
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2005, 09:49:05 AM »
cute, but this might be equivalent of tree falling in ofrest with no one aroound.

You could always tell everyone that you told your boss to F*** off on your last day.

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2005, 09:54:52 AM »
1 more day until FREEDOM!! ;D

Until, of course, 1 Hell starts...
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

abomb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smackxcp
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Abomb's Legalease)
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2005, 02:58:49 PM »
Today's my last day, moving to Columbus tomorrow, going to Florida for a week in the sun, and then hello OSU-Moritz.
Here's to not having to work a real job again for at least 9 months!!

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2005, 03:24:45 PM »
Not my last day yet, but everyone keeps walking into my office to ask me if it is for some reason.  I have a week left.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2005, 03:26:36 PM »
I have to work through Saturday, but today is my last day of any "real" work, as a colleague pointed out.
Saturday I "supervise," which means I don't work that hard.
OK, I'm not working that hard today either.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2005, 05:59:44 PM »
I just gave my two weeks!  I'm so excited!  (My bosses, who knew nothing of my plans, were actually quite happy for me--and not in that, "whoo hoo, she quit so we don't have to pay her unemployment" way either...)   ;D

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2005, 06:15:24 PM »
I just gave my two weeks!  I'm so excited!  (My bosses, who knew nothing of my plans, were actually quite happy for me--and not in that, "whoo hoo, she quit so we don't have to pay her unemployment" way either...)   ;D

I think you'll find that in most well-managed work environments that your boss will be this way.  In places that are mismanaged, they'll throw a fit because they know they'll have to take time out of their day to look for another employee.

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2005, 06:31:32 PM »

I think you'll find that in most well-managed work environments that your boss will be this way.  In places that are mismanaged, they'll throw a fit because they know they'll have to take time out of their day to look for another employee.

Good point!  (I was never really worried that they'd be mad at me; I was more expecting, "You've been planning this for the last year and you didn't tell us???" But they were quite ok with it, so I'm happy...It means they'll respond favorably when it comes down to Bar time...)

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2005, 06:34:37 PM »
My immediate boss has known from the day she hired me last July that I was giving it one year, perhaps less if I found a better paying gig. It worked out really well.

Coincidentally a whole BUNCH of people decided to quit at the same time I did, so now the bosses are freaking out!
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2005, 06:54:19 PM »
OK, now I'm getting a little sad :'(
I guess I like my job more than I admit sometimes.
I will miss the excitement of working out of the courthouse ... but hopefully, it will only be for a few years, and I'll be back.

-TMcGraw